WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: WHAT DID YOU DO IN YOUR SHOP TODAY

No hitch on this car. Lol, I’ve two new trucks in the past 6 yrs. Almost burned the first truck up in the mountains coming south in Arizona in stop and go traffic for about 100 miles. That was a Chevy 1500, never again will I buy a half ton truck. I still have the enclosed car hauler trailer parked at a covered storage lot, planning on selling it now I have no need for it. Have had a couple offers around $6500 but I wasn’t ready to sell then.
1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:18 am

That price is more than fair, to a buyer. It seems a little low for you. In 2003, I bought a new Wells Cargo Car Hauler for $5000. The seller was in financial trouble, again. The Wells was $17,500 new only weeks before and now filled with shop equipment. The seller tried to include it all in the $5k. I refused to take advantage of the loser. I put all of his shop machinery on consignment and in the end he got another $7000. In a week the fool and his money were parted.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:44 am

It would be fair if it was a plain empty car hauler. The trailer has a few options, solar panels on the roof to charge its own 12 volt deep cycle power system for alarm and 3500 lb winch and powered roof vent. Metal tie down track down three side walls and the floor. Roof mounted rv air conditioner with quick disconnect on the exterior side to connect power from an rv power plug. 30 amp breaker panel inside with 110 volt interior lights and 110 volt outlets. Still thinking on a good asking price because I know I’ll get knocked down in price.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:42 am

Your already well on your way to making it a "converted" trailer camper. Because there is a following on facebook about them. Look them up. I forgot, how long in your trailer? I hope you get your price When you settle on it.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:16 pm

My daughter had four new tires installed on her Mazda. The RR went flat over night. We aired up the tire with a portable tank before she drove to my shop. The Windex test was still making bubbles at 32psi so we aired up to 50 psi and the bubbles stopped. We left it for the night.
This portable air tank was used for low pressure oxygen on Lancaster Bombers. The pilots needed oxygen at altitude.
My Dad bought a Lancaster in Medicine Hat, AB, after the war. I have a few Lancaster artifacts that my Dad left for me.
http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/ ... sters.aspx

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:56 pm

I had a great day in the shop. I was found and offered to buy a wall mounted tire rack I found on Craigslist. The seller dropped the rack off at noon today. My son and I assembled the tire rack and mounted it on the wall, in the only available space. I am please to get the Ram 20 inch wheel into a safe place.
When that task was done. we moved on to my Myford Super 7 lathe. Over 30 years ago, I built a simple 16 gauge one shelf cabinet and a two drawer stack that was hung under the lathe table. I had modified an expensive tool box just for this location. I move the lathe air line to the left so it could better serve the milling machine and the lathe.
Attachments
MYFORD DRAWERS 2.jpg
old drawers
MYFORD TOOLBOX WITH ASSEMBLY TABLE.jpg
ground assembly table
MYFORD TOOLBOX 1.jpg
under
MYFORD SIDE CAB INET DOOR.jpg
yesterday's idea - gone
WHEEL STORAGE WALL MOUNT.jpg
on the wall.
RAM 20 INCH X 8 WHEELS.jpg
on the floor

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:20 pm

Driving down tomorrow to Casa Grande to check out some parts trucks at the famous Desert Valley Auto Parts. Or as some people may know it as Desert Car Kings on Discovery channel. Talked to Nick yesterday at their Casa Grande store and said he’s got a few IH in stock. Will be a fun day, don’t know what I’ll come home with yet.

http://www.dvap.com/desert-car-kings/

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:26 pm

Whats in my shop today? Would you believe another Mercury? The "parts 53 Mercury" that was delivered last week turns out better than I hoped so I moved it indoors to work on through the winter. Needless to say it has attained more than parts car status now so I guess I'm looking for another parts car. :t3717:

https://youtu.be/1aZXQ770tek
Attachments
53 in the shed small.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Nice set of Dagmars. If you are late for supper, we may find you seated on a shop stool, in front of the Merc, massaging the bumper "extensions" and trying to "turn the motor on". Harley Earl and his Cadillac Dagmar design certainly did not plan on this "exposure".

Dagmar bumpers is a slang term for chrome conical shaped styling elements which began to appear on the front bumper/grille assemblies of certain American automobiles following World War II. They reached their peak in the mid-1950s.
The term is derived from the notable physical attributes of Dagmar,[1] a buxom early 1950s television personality known for low-cut gowns and pronouncedly conical bra cups. She was amused by the tribute.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:46 pm

I passed through my shop on my way out and on the return. I did not do anything in the shop.
My wife and I went out for breakfast at The White Spot then a second stop at Marks Work Warehouse. I wanted to buy some new shoes with better traction on ice and snow. I sat there like a lump for the first thirty minutes while my wife tried to fine a "team member" to give us a hand. She finally returned with the second most stupid person in Western Canada, I being the most stupid person, for waiting so long. The "team member" obviously had no training in fitting shoes and certainly did not know the department.
After wasting 30 minutes, I will never get back, I got up and left Mark's for the paring lot and my truck. 15 minutes later we were seated at RED WING SHOES. The Redwing service was the very best and I left with three pairs of Red Wing shoes for just under $500.00
I have been retired for nearly 14 years, Red Wing still had my shoe files on their computer from the decades of my employer buying my Red Wing work boots. . The Red Wing manager had my details in seconds and the best fitting shoes I have ever worn were on my feet. I have two other similar pairs in my closet. The shoes were on sale for $80/ pair off retail.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion