PERSPSCTIVE

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 02, 2017 1:07 pm

PERSPSCTIVE

https://youtu.be/y4pCl0MWNa0
The picture of earth out in space shows just how little "we" are. It may be too late for us to save our tiny place from environmental destruction. There are more than a few persons with You Tube channels making good livings from traveling the country and making video records of abandoned sites. It is a terrible shame that business and government have allowed so much to be left in a condition where there is danger to life and the environment.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:44 pm

Re: PERSPSCTIVE

I think it might be interesting to bump this forward in these interesting times. Where is your imaginary heaven and hell in this picture. Maybe it is all in one's mind and nowhere else.714
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:04 pm

https://www.strata.org/stratasphere/s-e ... his-earth/

I think we are past the tipping point, my one thought is that after a few millennia the earth with will heal itself and will sustain life again hopefully without human beings. I think the Judeo Christian biblical edict that God gave man dominion over the earth and all it's creatures has not helped us, we are now destroying it all at an accelerated rate. God or government will not save us from ourselves.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:02 pm

One thing History has shown us, when things get too far out of wack, Nature has a way of wiping the slate clean and starting over. It is extremely painful for the life forms alive at the time, but the "blue marble" continues on in space.
I think we can delay or expedite that coming by our actions, but can not prevent it.
If we think only of ourselves, it will be sooner rather than later. I am nearer the end point of my life, anything done or not done is unlikely to effect how long I am on this planet, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't care for every other living thing that comes later.

Return to Non-IH discussion