Coolest Heater, Ever

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Coolest Heater, Ever

I've never seen a heater shaped like an old truck grille. This is cool! On ebay...
Attachments
image.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Re: Coolest Heater, Ever

I bought a 600 square foot storage contents and all of the bits and pieces are IHC from the early 1950s. This TRICO vacuum operated fan was in one of the many pails of fasteners. I intend to do a restoration on this Trico-fan and then have it in my crewcab. Yes. the 24 valve has a gear driven vacuum pump ahead of the power steering pump.
Attachments
trico vacuum fan.jpg
TRICO FAN
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:28 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I bought a 600 square foot storage contents and all of the bits and pieces are IHC from the early 1950s. This TRICO vacuum operated fan was in one of the many pails of fasteners. I intend to do a restoration on this Trico-fan and then have it in my crewcab. Yes. the 24 valve has a gear driven vacuum pump ahead of the power steering pump.

I think I have at least a piece of one of those vacuum fans. The base on the one in your picture looks just like a piece I have here. Too bad the rest is missing. I have a dim memory of seeing it bolted to the dash of the 39 Ford when I was a little kid.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:23 pm

Those Vacuum fans are neat, but I not sure I would want one on a gasoline engine. Back then they thought of vacuum as "free" accessories, but you are creating a vacuum "leak" and changing the mixture. Power brakes and 2spd shifts aren't so bad because they are not continuous "leak" but wipers and fan motors are, the whole time they are on.
If I find one of those fans, I'd buy it and restore it but not use it I don't think.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:28 pm

I bought a NOS Motorola heater because I thought it looked "neat" It is the one pictured in this manual
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1946-Motorola-F ... SwrklVaKNu

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:27 pm

cornbinder89 wrote:Those Vacuum fans are neat, but I not sure I would want one on a gasoline engine. Back then they thought of vacuum as "free" accessories, but you are creating a vacuum "leak" and changing the mixture. Power brakes and 2spd shifts aren't so bad because they are not continuous "leak" but wipers and fan motors are, the whole time they are on.
If I find one of those fans, I'd buy it and restore it but not use it I don't think.

Whenever I ran a vehicle with vacuum wipers it always seemed that the engine got priority for the vacuum. Wipers would pretty well stop on acceleration of the engine. My 52 Merc has vacuum heater controls (disconnected now).

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:31 pm

Had one of those fans in my 37 Diamond T, the knob below it is for a rheostat horn, you could make it growl quietly all the way up to a howl,

I forgot to pull it out when I sold the truck,

37 diamond t dash.jpg

That heater looks a lot like a 1937 Olds frontend

37 olds.jpg

Edit: wow that guy is proud of that heater,,,,,,,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Yes...it does look like that Olds grille. And...yes...it's a bunch of money!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:54 pm

someone bought it
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:05 pm

My goodness. I'm pretty sure it didn't go into a IHC. The price for the heater is my entire budget, sometimes.

Return to Non-IH discussion