A Non IH Truck Video

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:03 am

Re: A Non IH Truck Video

We bought our house 38 years ago. My Father - in - law was the real estate agent. He was adamant that we buy. It was difficult but doable. The property was $70k.
My wife and getting around $3 an hour and I was at $7.76. There was no extra money for restaurants and holidays so we both took all of the overtime that was offered. Our first priority was to pay the mortgage off.
The guy next door bought into the 'hood nearly 30 years ago at about $100K. He replaced the original two bedroom house with a 7 bedroom, 7 bathroom two floor brown and black trimmed monster with two basement suites he now rents out. He said he expects to get over three million dollars when he sells. Good luck to him.
The real-estate prices in this area are what they are because of wealthy offshore "investors" willing to pay and getting into a bidding competitions. It is not uncommon for a million dollar asking price to get bid up by several hundred thousand dollars and an extra million for the right location.
The only way to win in this market is to be the first person to sell and leave this area. Those who choose to sell and relocate have inflated the real-estate prices along the way as they moved east and to Vancouver Island.
The neighborhood has changed from neighbors greeting neighbors and the occasional block party to high fences with power gates and monster houses bristling with CCTV cameras and motion detection lights. One of my new neighbors walked down the lane to tell me to stop watching "us" . I had never seen this person until this visit. "She". Has a CCTV camera focused on my garage because, as she says, " I don't like Harley bad boys". I offered her a beer and some Tim Bits and I got F bombed. The chocolate Tim Bits go the best with an IPA from Black Kettle Brewing. It is very unlikely she will ask to borrow my tools. LOL. :t3717:
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:11 am

nikkinutshop wrote:We bought our house 38 years ago. My Father - in - law was the real estate agent. He was adamant that we buy. It was difficult but doable. The property was $70k.
My wife and getting around $3 an hour and I was at $7.76. There was no extra money for restaurants and holidays so we both took all of the overtime that was offered. Our first priority was to pay the mortgage off.
The real-estate prices in this area are what they are because of wealthy offshore "investors" willing to pay and getting into a bidding competitions. It is not uncommon for a million dollar asking price to get bid up by several hundred thousand dollars and an extra million for the right location.

Off shore investors are here in Sask. too and the farm land prices have jumped accordingly. Not much hope for a young guy wanting to buy land and machinery. It is good for the aging "boomers' that are ready to retire and sell out and I am seeing it here. In many cases the land is rented back to the owner or to a bigger neighbouring farm. The days of a small family farm on every section are long gone. Now if you don't farm a couple of thousand acres you are a hobby farmer.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:41 pm

Here'a another Mercury that was at the show this weekend. Note the 1947 Ontario tag.
Attachments
IMG_2413.JPG
IMG_2412.JPG
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:45 pm

And for the non-IH folks and diesel fans.......
Attachments
IMG_2409.JPG
IMG_2408.JPG
IMG_2410.JPG
IMG_2411.JPG
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:54 am

A drone video ? Really ? Pretty cool !

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:02 am

Say Ralph, I just watched your video on SHELTER FROM THE STORM. I remember that weather from my youth. https://youtu.be/w2udG8s_VAQ

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:35 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:Say Ralph, I just watched your video on SHELTER FROM THE STORM. I remember that weather from my youth. https://youtu.be/w2udG8s_VAQ

I thought I might as well show some of Sask. at it's worst lest some might think that its all kodachrome sunny days here. That storm was a nasty one Monday-Tuesday and I have not seen wind that strong in a while. The kind of day that makes you appreciate having trees for shelter. Or maybe make some think its time to move West. :-)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:32 pm

The federal government thinks Alberta and Saskatchewan are "The Real West". BC is that other place hiding behind those big piles of rocks. Out of sight and out of mind. as my Dad used to say. My Prairie born sister and her Prairie born husband have managed to make the transition form respectable Western Canada farmers to West Coast, Vancouver Island nut and berry eating tree huggers. I have been removed from her short list of persons she tolerates because I have done the unforgivable, by her description, I regularly have B'fast at McD's. My favorite is the Sausage and egg McMuffin. It is made from Saskatchewan grain fed Alberta beef. I can hold a Big Mac to my ear and hear Joe Cadbury call, '" AND THE'RE OFF" as the chuck-wagons launch into the Annual Rangeland Derby. https://youtu.be/EMOO1p_nzOY

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:35 am

nikkinutshop wrote: I can hold a Big Mac to my ear and hear Joe Cadbury call, '" AND THE'RE OFF" as the chuck-wagons launch into the Annual Rangeland Derby. https://youtu.be/EMOO1p_nzOY

Those guys have some real good old fashioned farm auctioneer voices.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:04 pm

https://youtu.be/SsmxYxmgVE0

Well, Ralph, I have subscribed to your You Tube channel and I have enjoyed every minute and given a thumbs up. Everyone on this forum should have a look. Thanks RG.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion