politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:37 pm

Re: politic on the board

hattrick4467 wrote:On another note I am looking for a R or S series front bumper for a 1955 R112. Any luck? Jon had a real nice one prior to me buying the truck but by the time I committed to this thing he had already sold it.

You do know R and S series front bumpers are different, don't you? Although either would bolt on.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:09 pm

for some reason there are a LOT of S series with earlier R bumper,

I do not know why, heavy duty option? was the slimmer one a deluxe option? did they go from one to other mid production for some reason?

I don't have an S parts manual to see what it says,,,,but if you google images, the are quite a few pickups with older bumper on them.
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Binder Mike wrote:Heck I'd even vote for Vermin Supreme!

Vermin.png

Vermin Sepreme promises you a pony if you vote for him!

I haven't smoked weed in 33 years, not looking to start any time soon, but I think it should be legal on national level, if ciggies and booze are OK weed should be too.
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri May 22, 2020 1:10 pm

https://youtu.be/rh_XezbCDOc

Betty Boop for president
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Sun May 24, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun May 24, 2020 2:39 pm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:42 pm

This picture appeared on the front page of an Irish newspaper this morning. The people's anger has crossed the border, north, to Canada.
Get it together America. Your reputation of goodness and fair treatment is fading fast.
Attachments
FROM IRELAND.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:14 pm

Nikki, I am sick over what has happened here. 50 years on and little has changed.
How the @#LL can you call yourself human to kneel on a mans neck for 8 min? How can you stand by and watch someone do that and not intervene? He was cuffed and on the ground for god sake!
There are a few glimmers of hope. In Flint Mi, the police took off their helmets and walked with the protesters, zero deaths, zero arrests and very little trouble.
I sent off 2 pages to NPR on the subject that I will not post here. SO yeah, there are people in the country are very upset.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:42 pm

Ironic how peaceful protests by NFL players trying to bring this problem to the public's attention were vilified from the office of the President and pressure was put on the league to oust any players who continued to take a knee during the national anthem and they were deemed un-american. Now after this latest horrific incident our cities are in flame. How much more of this did the right wing white power structure of this country think that Black Americans were going to take until things exploded? The current decay in this country is coming from the top down. We as a nation may not be able to survive another four years of this!
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:54 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:This picture appeared on the front page of an Irish newspaper this morning. The people's anger has crossed the border, north, to Canada.
Get it together America. Your reputation of goodness and fair treatment is fading fast.

You posted this before the atrocity of last night in DC. What must the world think now?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:05 pm

Views from abroad:
"Tell me again how the president of the United States is better than [Russian President Vladimir] Putin or [Turkish President Tayyip] Erdogan?" asked the official. "Because the view from Europe is that they're all a bunch of undemocratic strongmen best kept at arm's length."
"The Germans are openly done with this president. This is why [German Chancellor] Angela Merkel refused Trump's offer to host the G-7 at the White House this fall. Between her concerns he would demand Putin be invited, it was obvious that Trump was only interested in an election year photo-op just before the election."

"Merkel has always avoided these sorts of major political stunts but this time it was almost insulting," said the senior law enforcement official. "Trump really thinks the members of the G-7 would stand with him in the White House Rose Garden as he sends security forces to gas protestors outside a church? Europe has enough of its own problems. It's not going to let itself get caught up in the blame for this administration's sheer incompetence."
Yep, we are shame of free countries, and the most authoritarian of our enemies are pointing to the hypocrisy of us criticizing them!
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion