politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: politic on the board

Things heard while eating dinner in a truckstop:
Sanctuary Cities, They are buying cloths, paying rent and heat and giving welfare to undocumented emigrants. All with "our" money.
Trump is the boss: He should withold pay to congress until they pass what he wants. AH no, Congress has the power to disperse funds, so congress could withhold Trumps pay but not the other way around. He is not the boss but one leg of a triangle that governs.
It went down hill from there (if possible) but it left me with little hope that we will ever get out of this mess. If the electorate doesn't even know basic facts or how our system is constructed, these people will believe what ever they are told to believe. It is how Trump got elected. I am still waiting for that great, beautiful health plan that is going to cover everybody for lower cost! Obama said if Trump could produce such a health plan, Obama would help him get it passed, so far Trump hasn't had a plan of his own on anything!
It seams that anyone with that is trying to put country before politics is throwing in the towel! We will be left with only the extremes on either side, and we will wobble back and forth like an out of balance top! Excess on both sides will lead to alternating electoral sweeps to the left and right as those somewhere in the middle look to correct their last "mistake"!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:35 pm

wait, didn't ISIS get defeated within 30 days from his secret plan? oh, his golf handicap was going to lower in 30 days,,,,,never mind
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:50 pm

Yet, nothing was wrong with the last administration and people in it?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:23 pm

lbesq wrote:Yet, nothing was wrong with the last administration and people in it?

don't recall Obama bragging he had a secret plan to end ISIS in 30 days,,,please provide link if I'm mistaken,

don't recall Obama fighting with gold star families,,,,please provide link if I'm mistaken,

don't recall Obama charging U.S, Secret service room and board or golf cart rentals to protect him,,,please provide link if I'm mistaken,

don't recall Obama claiming he's smarter than all the generals in the U.S. military,,,please provide link if I'm mistaken,

don't recall Obama stating that avoiding venereal disease in the 70s was "his Vietnam",,,,please provide link if I'm mistaken,

don't recall Obama bragging about he can grab any woman he wants by the pussy,,,,,please provide link if I'm mistaken,

don't recall Obama's own secretary of state calling him a F'n moron,,,please provide link if I'm mistaken,

I could do this for hours, but you probably refuse to see point being made?

comparing the current dumpster fire to the past administration take some pure stretch of imagination,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:24 pm

Yep, just keep posting all President Trumps Faults, but do not mention anything that President Obama Said or Did in his past or while he was President. Nope, could not keep my Dr. or My Insurance. But then you Probably refuse to see point being made. Oh, by the way, I do see your point, I just feel it is out of balance. But that is only My opinion.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:25 pm

LLoyd, the point I was making was these Yahoo's didn't even know what a sanctuary City means, which is that the police don't ask or require proof of (legal) residency before dealing with the problem at hand. It DOES NOT mean that anything is provided to illegals, just that the local authorities will not preform ICE's job, or hold people that they do not have a legal reason to hold (suspicion of legal status is not the same as a legal reason to hold a person) How would you determine possible immigration status without profiling? You would have to hold everyone the police come in contact with until they can prove status?
They also didn't know how our government works, The President is NOT the boss, he is head of the executive branch, but the courts and Congress have equal authority and standing. Each has their area of power, but all three are on equal standing, one is not over the other two.
If the electorate is that clueless I hold little hope for our country.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:15 pm

CB, As I have stated before, in many places, We more than likely agree on more than we disagree on. My last comment was to Jon's comments. When people make "blanket" statements they are being disingenuous.
"LLoyd, the point I was making was these Yahoo's didn't even know what a sanctuary City means You are making an assumption, which is that the police don't ask or require proof of (legal) residency before dealing with the problem at hand.This is not really a "bone" of contention It DOES NOT mean that anything is provided to illegalsThis is NOT true, what about giving drivers licenses to Illegals in California? , just that the local authorities will not preform ICE's job, or hold people that they do not have a legal reason to hold here is the issue that I see, If a person has been brought in for a "crime" that info goes into the system, ICE notes and requests the local to HOLD because this person is already known to be illegal, locals do not hold(that is a major issue with those of us who care)(suspicion of legal status is not the same as a legal reason to hold a person) How would you determine possible immigration status without profiling?This is a "red" herring and is beneath you, in my opinion. We, all Profile people every day. you did that with the overheard conversation, would you not agree? You would have to hold everyone the police come in contact with until they can prove status?No, this is NOT what has been said, to the best of my knowledge
They also didn't know how our government works,I can agree, that there are a great many people on both side of the issue who do not know how our government works, can we say, no longer teaching Ethics and Government in school in the past thirty plus years The President is NOT the boss, he is head of the executive branch, but the courts and Congress have equal authority and standing. Each has their area of power, but all three are on equal standing, one is not over the other two. this is a true statement Would that all in those positions past and present would also understand that
If the electorate is that clueless I hold little hope for our country."this statement goes for all electorate on both sides, however, I hold perhaps a little more hope than you As I stated, we more than likely agree on more than we disagree on.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Since I don't know how to go in and add stuff in a different color, I will address your issues this way:
re Calif issuing D/L without checking status. it is just that, they are not "giving" (for free) anything, illegals have to pay for their D/L just the same as you and I or legal aliens (green card holder) , it also makes them able to buy insurance on the vehicle they are driving, something not possible without a D/L, so I think that is a step in the right direction.
If a person is brought in for a crime, then they can be held or bonded out, but that is different than the police checking status on every person they encounter. If they are held for a crime, ICE can come and collect them for further processing, but the police don't ask me for proof of legal status if I am stopped, nor should they. My Uncle came here from El Salvador as a kid (legal) he lived here all his life and could pass as a American in a suit and tie, or as a Hispanic in work cloths, should he have to "prove" is status at every encounter? NO! Sanctuary Cities/states has nothing to do with criminals, it has to do with the local authorities doing ICE's job. All it means, is if they couldn't charge and hold them with a crime, they have to let them go, just like you or I. ANd Just like you or I if we are charged we can be held for a set time (until we go before a judge for a bond hearing). What they can't (and my opinion shouldn't be allowed to do) is troll the streets for people who look different then you or I and hold them until they have proof one way or the other of their status. This isn't 40's Germany where Jews had to wear the Star of David, and looking Hispanic is not a crime! People have many encounters with police for many reasons, as a driver you should know this, and most are not as a criminal. It may be to report and break-in, or suspicious activity in the area, and if these people are afraid they are going to be held, without charge, while someone try's to determine their status, they are not going to call or be involved with the police, it makes crime worse and the local police's job harder. They have enough to deal with without ICE's job.
I didn't "profile" the two Goobers, I listened to what they said, and it was their profound ignorance of facts that made them goobers, not their occupation (which is the same as mine) their race (which I also share) or the sex (again the same). No profiling, just listening. It has been said better to remain silent and be thought a fool the speak and remove any doubt. It was what they said and complete lack of understanding of the facts at hand that I was commenting about. Yes there are these people on all sides, Clinton sure did some stuff that made me cringe. When I made the reference to the electorate is was to ALL of the electorate, I never said it was one side or the other, that was your assumption.
BTW I was not making an assumption that those two didn't know what it ment to be a sanctuary city, it was their own words that proved it. I didn't say sanctuary city ment that illegals were given those things, they did!
Just for the record, we and all other nations that accept refugee's provide some re-settlement help for a very limited time, but refugee's are LEGAL immigrants, could you imagine being plopped down in Serbia or some other nation with nothing and trying to start a new life without help? I suspect those two were confusing or didn't know the difference between a refugee and an illegal immigrant, which in it self is un believable.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Bernie Sanders has been visiting Canada. He is gathering information on our health system. So far, it would appear that he is very impressed.
https://youtu.be/j7UnN-ynhTU
Every good Dude will not go unpunished. If only.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:16 am

Ok CB, here goes, The Legal Green card holder has always been able to get a drivers license and Insurance. It is the ones who are here Illegally, and YES they have been issued legal documents and help that some citizens seem to not be able to get, and this is not only in The State of California. You will not find many people who have a problem with LEGAL immigration, and those who come here via other programs. As for the "two" goobers, I was not there so can not speak to what you heard and bow to your knowledge of the conversation you overheard. I only emphasized that it was both side, I assumed nothing, though I do know that others might. Oh, yes, I do not think that the local police "should do" Ice's job. If they do know that a person is here illegally and they have committed some crime, Why should they be bonded out, to not come back in? First and foremost, I do not care where your family came from or how long they have been here, they came legally, end of story. The screaming of Profiling, I am sure does happen sometimes, however, it is claimed even when a "valid" stop occurs. We have a slew of people in this country who will claim discrimination, Profiling, And abuse, when it does not occur. NO one in this discussion said anything about refugee's, and the help they get. Have you ever been homeless? Have you ever slept under a bridge in the winter? I Have been there. I have had "help" via food stamps, but ONLY till I could get back to a job. As I said, we probably agree on more than we disagree on. Blanket statements mislead. I know that we look at things differently, and that is OK, at least we can talk.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion