politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:03 pm

Re: politic on the board

Nikki, I am at loss to explain it, one only must look and any other country, their gun associated murder rate, and their approach to guns in general to see how much an out liar the US is.

I think it comes down to our country "birth myth". The story that every kid learns is "farmers" took up arms against the "red coats" in Lexington and over threw the English rule. It is so steeped in our history that it was ordinary people with guns that created the US. The fact that today, even with the 7 tons of ammo that guy had, would be no match for any military, ours or another country doesn't seam to register. AN AR-15 or AK-47 is no match for a laser guided missile but there are many that feel that if push comes to shove, they are going to make a stand. As I say, it comes down to the "creation myth" of the US.
We have the highest fire-arm death rate many times over, of any country in the world. Unfortunately I think it has reached beyond the point of being able to do anything about it. There are just so many firearms circulating in this country ( both legal and illegal) that anything done will be like shutting the barn door after the horse is out. Add to that the Gun culture in this country any attempt to get some guns out of circulation will result in more hysteria and stockpiling then doing nothing.
I think if the constitution were written today, the 2nd amendment would likely have to do with the right to drive. Back when it was written, having a firearm to hunt was a matter of survival, and if a government could control who had firearms, they could control food and therefore any uprising. Times have changed, but the myth survives.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:31 pm

I do find it interesting the same people who scream "Support the Troops" and at the same time are screaming "the U.S. gubmint is coming to overtake us"

the U.S. gubmint would be using said Supported troops if they had Any plan of taking over "us",

And since we are a volunteer armed forces, a lot (not all, before panties bunch) of volunteers come from rural lower income background, so,,,,,,if the military ordered the troops to attack the U.S. citizens, it would be asking a huge percentage to attack their own families,,,,wouldn't happen,

a lot of the survivalists anti U.S. gubmint people have been watching to many movies and listening to Alex Jones too much, because the gubmint has no interest in taking 95 % of the population prisoners, there is no infrastructure for it, AND most importantly there is no gain in doing it,

IF and I use IF loosely the gubmint wanted to come for your guns or put you in concentration camps,

(oh, by the way I thought Obama came and got everybody's guns already? No?, Hmmm, NRA said for 8 years he was on his way any day now),

they would come with Abram tanks, heat guided missiles, attack helicopters, sonic weapons, nerve gas, your pea shooter AR or AK would barely tickle the side of an armored personnel carrier,

that myth that the gubmint is coming any day now has been going since back in the 1800s, Rothschild and, new world order, Illuminati, a big spooky fairy tales to get rubes to spend their kids clothes, food, and medical money on more guns and more ammo,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:04 pm

The areas of rural america like where I live is not where the gun crime and killings are taking place. I have been in this county for 35 years and i would guess less than 5 killings. St. louis city 45 miles away its a daily thing. Gangs/drug dealers/car jackers in citys are where most gun crime happens. Our inner citys are war zones after dark.
Brj i often wondered if my coworker with all the guns and ammo was giving his kids a well rounded upbringing.
To me a gun is a tool. kill a deer, shoot a rabid raccoon or put down a injured animal. Gun enthusiast clean and polish guns like we do our trucks. The problem needs to be looked at in where the main problem is. Drugs ,gang, criminal activity
I know the vegas shooter blows that statement off the page. Then there are crazy sick people and radicals. There is no way to predict them. They spend months or years planning their act. I do expect and fear emigrants grouping and attacking but as Cb89 said freedom is expensive.
I get my high on heavy iron, the older and heavier the better I feel.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:53 pm

Too me, talking with some Aussi's, they can't understand the US fascination with fire arms. Those from the outback are a very self sufficient lot, and they may have 2-3 guns, different ones for different jobs and they have a whole lot more critters that can kill you then we do. Their Outback is like our old wild-west was but on steroids. Not that it was violent, but that help is way far way, and they have to deal with things on their own.
They don't understand why people have so many guns in this country and why we have a fascination with fully automatic's and stuff like huge clips and "bump-stocks".

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:07 pm

https://youtu.be/YuC37syScVs
Now that is funny.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:51 am

the NRA is the biggest problem we have with guns.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:57 am

nikkinutshop wrote:https://youtu.be/YuC37syScVs
Now that is funny.

Well, Trump forgot that rule when he nominated a person to be a judge FOR LIFETIME TERM, who had never tried a case and couldn't explain a simple legal standard. He had no experience to qualify himself other than he worked on Trump's campaign

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:12 pm

cornbinder89 wrote:
nikkinutshop wrote:https://youtu.be/YuC37syScVs
Now that is funny.

Well, Trump forgot that rule when he nominated a person to be a judge FOR LIFETIME TERM, who had never tried a case and couldn't explain a simple legal standard. He had no experience to qualify himself other than he worked on Trump's campaign

Not to mention that his wife works for Trump.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:40 am

prime example of stupid people congregating with stupid people.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Well, well, something juicy I can figuratively sink my teeth into. This Stormy Daniels bit of spice on the otherwise nasty politics of DC makes me smile. I am waiting for the denial tweet followed by a request for a refund because the paid silence appartetly failed.
I have to admit that Stormy Daniels, while not my cup of "T" is could be worth considering for a "hole in one". I wonder if she playes golf.
An older gentleman was playing a round of golf. Suddenly his ball sliced and landed in a shallow pond. As he was attempting to retrieve the ball he discovered a frog who, to his great surprise, started to speak! "Kiss me, and I will change into a beautiful princess, and I will be yours for a week." He picked up the frog and placed it in his pocket. As he continued to play golf, the frog repeated its message. "Kiss me, and I will change into a beautiful princess, and I will be yours for a whole month!" The man continued to play his golf game and once again the frog spoke out. Finally, the old man turned to the frog and exclaimed, "At my age, I'd rather have a talking frog!"
To be very honest, I would rather have the talking frog.
I was never any good at golf. I bought an expensive set of HOGANS, took lessons then gave it all up.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion