politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:35 pm

Re: politic on the board

I can't express this any other way than this is what it looks like when you have an attempted fascist take over of American democracy. I don't care which side of the political aisle you are on it is time to stand up in defense of your country or say good bye to what we have enjoyed for the past 200 years.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:21 pm

b4autodark wrote:An investigation will reveal who allowed the large tour groups. The leader of the proud boys said he took a tour but didn't meet with DJT. You would think from a security standpoint it would be as hard to take a tour as it is to board an airplane.

From what I just read, public tours were not done, BUT any member could bring in anyone they wanted and there was no record or "sign in" as long as member brought them through security. No "log book" or other record of the "tour". So we might never know. The idea was members could bring family members into the halls to see where they work, but public tours open to anyone were not being done. The member of congress could bring anyone they want in.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:32 pm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:04 pm

I watched to inauguration from the beginning until the end. It was a beautiful ceremony with a fantastic speech by the new president.121700
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:53 pm

My wife and I watched it as well. I was proud of my senator Amy. There were many memorable moments. I am hopeful things will start turning for the positive.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:22 pm

No matter what your political stripe, I think we all can be happy its over and no bad things happened, unlike 2 weeks ago. I wasn't sure we were going to make it though the day unscathed.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:25 pm

My Dad used to say, "If you stop feeding the fire, it will eventually go out." Our Canadian news showed world leaders expressing their congratulations and relief for the menace having left DC.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:00 pm

https://youtu.be/d32Uw5F-Wr0 Enjoy what you voted for.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:53 pm

Lloyd, WTF is that bunch of BS.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:49 pm

For years in the US, we had neutrality laws that broadcast TV and Radio were subject too. They couldn't report from a biased position. They couldn't broadcast "opinion" during news shows, and were limited to broadcasting opinions as editorials at the end of the news shows and had to provide equal time to oppsing views. It kept the airwaves from becoming the news silo's they are today.
With the advent of cable TV, Cable was not subject to these restrictions (people had to pay to hear it and it was not broadcast over the "air"). Broadcasters claimed they were being hurt, subject to rules cable was not, and the FCC dropped the neutrality laws.
Now you can find a "news" show that will fit any viewpoint. People stick to shows that tell them what they want to hear, not necessarily what it happening. I long for the old days.
You will notice that the more fringe "news" (and I use the term loosely) are all on cable, broadcast still have to "act in the public trust", but can be more one sided than they used to be allowed. We, the public, own the airwaves, and the broadcasters must act for the public good to be allowed to use the public space.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion