Post Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:24 am

Re: politic on the board

6a00d8341bf80c53ef0278800c417d200d-500wi.jpg
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:07 pm

I hope they have enough law or military enforcement for the coming event on the 20th.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:49 pm

I kinda hope that Biden comes out and boasts that he has "the smallest inauguration crowd ever!, its much smaller than Donald Trumps!" both to troll Trump and to point out there are other things we need to face, both Covid and disaster that has unfolded in the last 2 1/2 months.
I'm glad that Pence has enough class to attend, but it is hard to hold him in any esteem after the last 4 years. So many who stood by Trump for so long "are shocked, just shocked" by the events of last week! Really? they lied and covered for him for 4 years, and now want to be taken seriously? Now they want to say they are on the side of truth?
All the congress had to do last week was to agree the votes cast by the electors were from the state and the official ones from the official electors from that state. They lied and said they were there to "look into" voter fraud? that wasn't what was on the agenda, and for 2 1/2 months they have been told to "put up or shut up" and they did neither. The election had been reviewed by re counts, states, the federal gov and the courts, and none found any widespread problem. Those that lied to the base that they could overturn a legal election now want to say they had nothing to do with that? They are now reviled by people on both side! No more then they deserve.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:08 pm

https://youtu.be/RbCI0syimnk

LG has put himself into a difficult position. At this point, he is in trouble with both sides no matter how he goes.
History will remember all of the participants, some not so kindly. Our news reports Ted Cruise still not "getting the picture." It is over TC. The POTUS has turned on TC several times. It is time to pull his head out and smell reality. TC was born in Canada. You can have him.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:40 pm

Canada, doesn't mess around, the only state in the US is HI, that fines for not following the rules.
https://centurylink.net/news/read/artic ... dor/Newser

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:20 pm

Our Canadian news reports, Donald Trump impeached for the 2nd time. `120385
Members of the lower chamber of Congress voted 232 to 197 in favour of impeaching the Republican president on Wednesday over one charge: “incitement of insurrection.” Ten Republicans broke party ranks to vote for impeachment. In the impeachment article introduced on Monday, Democratic lawmakers argued that Trump “threatened the integrity of the Democratic system, interfered with the peaceful transition of power, and imperiled a coequal branch of Government.” He thereby betrayed his trust as President, to the manifest injury of the people of the United States,” the article read. The lawmakers said Trump “demonstrated that he will remain a threat to national security, democracy and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office.”
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:56 am

nikkinutshop wrote:Our Canadian news reports, Donald Trump impeached for the 2nd time. `120385
Members of the lower chamber of Congress voted 232 to 197 in favour of impeaching the Republican president on Wednesday over one charge: “incitement of insurrection.” Ten Republicans broke party ranks to vote for impeachment. In the impeachment article introduced on Monday, Democratic lawmakers argued that Trump “threatened the integrity of the Democratic system, interfered with the peaceful transition of power, and imperiled a coequal branch of Government.” He thereby betrayed his trust as President, to the manifest injury of the people of the United States,” the article read. The lawmakers said Trump “demonstrated that he will remain a threat to national security, democracy and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office.”

Elect a clown, get a circus! The latest under the Trump big top is his not wanting to pay Giuliani's mounting legal fees for his inability to prove there was election fraud. This stiff everybody approach goes way back to Trumps Manhattan real estate days. I suppose in light of a historical second impeachment it's the least of his worries. I won't hold out for him being hung for treason but I do hope he is censored and will never be allowed to hold any political office again. Look for one of his evil spawn, either Jr. or Ivanka emerging for a run for president in 2024. Should that happen and one of them wins it is doubtful our democratic republic will survive. We are going to need Biden / Harris to do nothing short of an amazing job in the next four years to keep that from happening!
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:10 am

Binder Mike wrote: We are going to need Biden / Harris to do nothing short of an amazing job in the next four years to keep that from happening!

Well, with all things being relative, it would be hard for them not to.
Many in the Republican party realize they had made a deal with the devil and are glad he is gone. That doesn't excuse their inaction to what he did. His damage will live on long after his departure. The Dem's are not immune to the same thing, remember when there was talk of an Oprah run?
I hope that the Republican party has learned a lesson and will do all it can to prevent any "Trumpian" candidate in the future, but I doubt it. I'd love to see McConnell gone, but even he is trying to wash the Trump stink off himself.
When a "house of cards" collapses, it doesn't stop half way down, it is total and that is what we ( and DJT ) are seeing now.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:26 am

I've read two reports of alleged "inside involvement" in the Capitol riots. I hesitate to mention but if true takes this to a whole new level. The left can be as sucked into wild theory's just as the right has proved it can.
One is saying that large "tours" were given the day before (Jan 5th). Tours and group sizes have been limited since Covid, and several people had mentioned large groups being in the capitol the day before.
Another said that "alarm" buttons (so called "panic alarms") had been removed from members offices.
Then there are the photo's of some officers taking selfies with the mob and "assisting" them down the steps afterword.
The 1st should be easy to prove or disprove with visitor logs, unless they were "bypassed" by staff, the 2nd may have happened months or even years before and mean nothing.
It will be an interesting few months ahead.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:20 pm

An investigation will reveal who allowed the large tour groups. The leader of the proud boys said he took a tour but didn't meet with DJT. You would think from a security standpoint it would be as hard to take a tour as it is to board an airplane.

Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan both recently received the Medal of Freedom from Trump in private ceremonies with no press allowed. Makes one wonder. He has been handing them out to sports figures and talk radio hosts both dead and alive and their meaning has been diminished greatly. A friend commented "you might as well hang a dog t--d around your neck."
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion