Re: politic on the board

I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:54 pm

Nikkinutshop,
You often end your posts with a number. I assume it is a code of some sort. Can you enlighten us?

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:01 pm

Never mind. I found your answer in another one of your posts.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:32 am

Old school, Bob Hope for president.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BpHxM33z70

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:16 pm

Attachments
Marx on Trump.png

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:48 pm

Any party that seeks to hold onto power by SUPRESSING votes, is doomed to fail. Southern democrats had to be taught that lesson in the 60's and the Republicans are going to have to learn it now.
If you can't present a platform that the masses agree with, the answer is not to reduce the voters, but to change your stance.
I don't see even a pretense of a reason for some of the law suits other than to reduce the ballot count.
Stopping the count of ballots, mailed and postmarked before election day, but arriving late has no purpose other than to reduce the vote count.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:20 pm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:19 pm

cornbinder89 wrote:Any party that seeks to hold onto power by SUPRESSING votes, is doomed to fail. Southern democrats had to be taught that lesson in the 60's and the Republicans are going to have to learn it now.
If you can't present a platform that the masses agree with, the answer is not to reduce the voters, but to change your stance.
I don't see even a pretense of a reason for some of the law suits other than to reduce the ballot count.
Stopping the count of ballots, mailed and postmarked before election day, but arriving late has no purpose other than to reduce the vote count.

Agreed, there is desperation on all fronts right now in the GOP, they are not about the will of the people their only goal is retention of power.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:24 am

I just read Judge Kavannah's (sp?) decision on the Wisc voting question, His reasoning that the "vote has to stop sometime" and that those that cast ballots before the election day, and post marked before but delivered after would "cast doubt" on the election is un real.
By his logic (and I use the term loosely) then anyone who shows up to a polling place but because of a line, has not cast a ballot before the "official" close time should be denied a vote! There is no difference in the logic, only in the implementation. Actually, you could argue those that had their vote postmarked before the election day have more of a claim to have their vote count then those that show up late on polling day.
We need all people to vote, and yes there has to be some rules, and timeframe, but we already don't hold people to ridged timeframe when things (like lines at polling places, defective voting machines etc) prevent them from casting a ballot within the "official" time.
Vote tallys are NEVER official on the day or even the day after, it takes time before totals are certified, and even then can be contested and re counted. That is how it has been from the begining, and any claim that "we need to know" right way is false. We need to know before the electoral collage votes, not before.
Any and all attempts to limit legally cast ballots must be stamped out. Our whole system depends on the will of the people being counted. any attempt to limit that smacks of third world politics.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:54 pm

So much for a fair and impartial Supreme Court and it's about to get worse, the new judges have a debt to pay off to their party. Welcome to the new America.
56 S120 4x4,
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion