politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:45 pm

Re: politic on the board

I couldn't find my Snap-on cap made in Taiwan. The Honda cap is made in Canada.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:36 pm

Yes, I think there are more than One member of the site in Washington.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:15 pm

It must be the season. The elected leader on both sides of the border are having their feet held to the fire at the moment. Mr. Trudeau to a lesser degree of heat.
When a person gets fired there should be a measure of caution if the fired person has something to say that may be damaging. Mike Flynn may become the biggest news and the cayyalist for the next big change.
. Sally Yates is not someone to mess with. This could be big news. I am watching with abated breath

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:27 am

nikkinutshop wrote:It must be the season. The elected leader on both sides of the border are having their feet held to the fire at the moment. Mr. Trudeau to a lesser degree of heat.
When a person gets fired there should be a measure of caution if the fired person has something to say that may be damaging. Mike Flynn may become the biggest news and the cayyalist for the next big change.
. Sally Yates is not someone to mess with. This could be big news. I am watching with abated breath

Yes sir! You never know what the scapegoat may have up his sleeve. I got fired from long term job years ago. I filed wrongful dismissal and at first hearing I spoke for less than one minute with a document(logbook) in front of me. The company VP and entourage were speechless. They gathered their files and departed without saying a word. WIN FOR THE GOOD GUY :t0201:

I will elaborate. I was fired for speeding and tampering with my tach. My instructions were to deliver a load from Michigan to Ford plant in Ontario. When I got there employer had hot rush load needs in the morning 750 miles down the road. I had just driven 600 miles so to stay on schedule....Ya I jammed the tach and delivered on time. The folks at committee of my hearing quite visibly upset and gave the employer the hairy eyeball as they departed.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:07 pm

Markets should be interesting in the morning as Trump ordered attack on Syrian target. What a storm that must be having 59 missiles hitting target. Trumps got some clackers..hopefully the rest of the world agrees with his decision.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:46 am

What i don't understand is, why 59....why not round it up to 60 or 50, a nice even number. Luke

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:50 am

Look up the replacement cost of a tomahawk, you don't shoot one more than you have too.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:57 am

Is 59 the truth? Maybe there are some "alternate facts"
This event makes me feel uneasy. **** the replacement cost of a missile. What will an event like this lead to and at what cost in human life.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Tho this may seam to relate to the previous post, I think they are separate issues. For someone who claims to want to keep gov spending in control, and keep gov off the back of small business, Trumps almost weekly trips to FL are costing us a 1M each and shutting down that town every time he goes.
Not saying he has to live like a monk in the WH but I feel for the small businesses run out of the small airport there, he completely shuts it down from before he arrives until after he leaves. Anyone running an FBO or charter service out of there, I can't see them surviving this presidency. The rest of the town is also effected.
Presidents all have an effect on towns they spend time in, Bush in Crawford,TX and Obama in HI, but Bush had a large landholding so the effect on the surrounding area was minimalized, Obama didn't jet off every week.
A few years ago, I delivered several cell towers so Chaney could be kept safe in his favorite fishing spot, Locals complained that it totally shut down the area when he came, there was only one way in and out, and they had to prepare beforehand as travel was severely limited while he was there fishing.
I guess I am just saying, that I wish all presidents were a little more cognizant of the burden they place on the "little people" when they travel. The office comes with great privilege but with that comes the responsibility, and a little self restraint goes a long way to easing the burden on the locals.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:17 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:Is 59 the truth? Maybe there are some "alternate facts"
This event makes me feel uneasy. **** the replacement cost of a missile. What will an event like this lead to and at what cost in human life.

I am never comfortable with lobbing missiles as a strategy, however I think using chemical weapons is beyond any acceptable line and something needs to stop it. Missiles at least, are a focused response that can be kept to combatants. Still I get nervous when anyone thinks that anything can be solved by staying far away and lobbing missiles, it dehumanizes the cost of what you are doing.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion