politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Re: politic on the board

Sweden Riots?? I don't think so. All of the Swedish tough guys are in North America playing hockey. Someone drops a puck and a fight breaks out, on our ice. The IKEA and Volvo people seem peaceful enough.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Just the usual malcontent imports that are creating problems in Sweden. Would like to go visit someday, hear it is pretty there.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Blonds everywhere. I was in Denmark for a week and then Sweden for a few days. The food is fantastic and the people are wonderful. Everyone I met in both Denmark and Sweden spoke English with their delicious accents. I married a Dane from over there.
My neighbour put up a BEWARE OF THE DOG sign on his back gate. I put up a similar sign, DONT WORRY ABOUT OUR DOG, BEWARE OF THE WIFE.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:08 pm

Like his politics or not, This President had a great sense of humour. https://youtu.be/2Sdm4_Y3038

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Good ol Ronnie, when he gave his closing statement during the last debate during his reelection he rambled on about some kid and something,,,,,until the moderator told him he was out of time, he kind of looked at him bewilderingly and mumbled OK.

I turned to my wife and said, "does nobody recognize he is in early stages of dementia, I'm not sure he even knows where he is right now"

still won by a landslide, we love our presidents to be dumb for some reason, we are threatened if they are smarter than us, weird.
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:05 pm

I think open communication is needed everywhere and the country would be better off with more communication.
This question is political and we are better off with this asked.
To often we surround ourselves with like minded people and in the process we lose something needed in america respect for different opinions from our own.
What could be more American than politics or trucks?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:04 pm

The Presidential Address to Congress was one of the best speeches I have ever heard.
A TRUMP banded hotel opened here today. 150 or so protesters managed to show up to yell out some rhetorical BS. There were more Vancouver Police in attendance than protesters.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:58 pm

I would have to agree with you on it being a good all around speech. It is my hope that things that have been talked about can be made to happen. Will they cost money, YEP, where the money comes from is going to be a battle. There were many good points. I hope that the whole congress can work together. It will be an interesting time for the next few years.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:00 pm

I have to wonder where all those who were chanting "lock her up" are with these people in the Trump camp that were talking to a Russia? If they are carrying on a fourian (sp?) policy outside of the official government, than a coup has taken place! Talk about treason!
Hum dead silence !
Whether or not you believe Billery knew more about Libya than she said, this the 100x worse!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Sadly, it looks like Canada will not get Sarah Palin, but, the proposed US ambassador is easy on the eyes.
On a more serious note, I hope that Trump become the best president ever. Wishing anything less is really bad manners toward our best neighbour. I try to do my part to keep and make our "countries great again" buy making it my first choice to buy MADE IN[ NORTH AMERICA.
I think of myself as a small business that employees persons living and working here. Much of the old and used machinery I own is and was made in Canada or the USA. The quality that was built into these machines continues on for decades. My WF and John Barnes 22 inch drill press was made in Rockford, Illinois in 1883 and it continues to work as well as the day it was made 134 years ago. I am the second owner and I bought it from an American in Seattle. I paid $900usd. The value and workmanship survived 13 decades. I have another vintage HOEFER drillpress from 1897, I am the third owner, it was made in Freeport Illinois. 120 years of good service and it still works perfectly and has held value.
http://vintagemachinery.org/MfgIndex/detail.aspx?id=73
Attachments
HOFFER DRILL PRESS 1.jpg
WF AND JOHN BARNES 22 INCH.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion