politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:47 pm

Re: politic on the board

I agree. I have said the same thing about Bernie. He is very consistent and does not waver. He believes what he is preaching and you are never going to cross him up as he tells the same thing to everyone. I do not believe in his policies myself but do respect his consistent message. I might think differently if he could clearly state how he is going to pay for things and have a sustainable plan. He has not been able to do that with healthcare. He is also very hypocritical when it comes to green energy and the green new deal. Always flying on private jets and not letting other candidates fly with him, owns multiple homes. Good for him but then do not go on the campaign trail and tell everyone how bad this is.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:40 pm

Without a majority in the house and and congress/ senators nothing would happen. Just my opinion.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:45 pm

I see many countries outside of the US with healthy economies and very good healthcare for their citizens. There's no reason why we can't do the the same here with a realistic budget that isn't so lopsided on military spending and coddling corporations that pay little if any tax. Healthcare for the accumulation of obscene amounts of wealth will need to be addressed too. With the recent tax cuts to the wealthy 1% and spending on Trumps money pit wall that a cheap sawzall can cut through or healthy adult can scale in under a minute which by the way was supposed to be paid for by Mexico Trump is now proposing deep cuts to social security and medicare in the upcoming budget to pay for his financial follies. A big portion of Trumps base are low income less than well informed Americans who one day soon will wake up in their trailer homes with no healthcare and no social security check which they have paid into to live off of. If Trump wins 2020 poverty and suffering will ramp up greatly in this country for a lot of the current MAGA crowd. Before you say why don't the get a job the majority do, probably even three but the trouble is they are minimum wage jobs and these people can barely make ends meet. A lot of Trumpsters will then realize that their previous vote cast with a motivation of hating Mexicans was not the answer to their problems.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:50 pm

I really appreciate my life in Canada.
I went through cancer treatment for four years and all I had to pay was the parking.
I had over 100 biopsies, in that time, multiple scans and finally the Brachytherapy followed by more scans and lab tests. I have a standing order at the lab for ongoing blood testing. So far, the numbers are all good and all are free to me.
I get old age vehicle insurance discounts and dual government pensions. When I won a modest lottery, I did not have to pay tax on the winnings. If I give some of the winnings to another person, they do not pay tax.
I get a government subsidized disabled parking pass. My on-going meds are mostly covered, now. I get free passage on the Government ferry system between the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island.
Our economy appears to be doing well. Our Prime Minister has a good understanding of his job. I think he is an honest man.
If I travel south of our border, I always buy two million dollars of health insurance and it is very expensive. I cannot afford to take the chance of going broke if I need medical assistance. Our Canadian dollar is worth 75 cents in the USA, so our dollar does not buy very much south of the 49th. It costs me $1.36cdn to my one US dollar, today.
I really notice the reduced buying power of our dollar when I order something from the USA.
I hope for the best outcome for the USA in the November election.
The USA has been a respected country, internationally, and I hope they can get that respect back.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:15 pm

Nikki, thanks for chiming in on that. Those sort of health expenses would leave many Americans my wife and I included destitute if we were without no cost or low cost affordable health insurance.The members of the GOP live in opulence, while El Presidente himself lives in a gold plated tower as more and more live hungry on the streets. This is reminiscent of the fall of Rome or France prior to the revolution.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:41 pm

Did anyone else watch the Democrat debate? Elizabeth Warren sure took a piece out of Mike Bloomberg. Feisty lady.
It is all so confusing.
If anyone is looking for some young blood , the choices are not many.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:12 am

The joke going around is Bloomberg brought a wallet to a knife fight! Good on Liz!
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:02 pm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:27 pm

Nikki,
I know you ignore my messages but yes it looks like Bernie will win unless there is a brokered convention or they screw him on the super delegates like they did last time. Bloomberg will continue to dump another billion i to the race and people are so stupid he might just convince them. I still say they none of them can beat Trump. It would take a young moderate to do that and it is non Buttigieg. It will be interesting to see what happens when the candidates start dropping out.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:51 pm

hattrick4467.
I read your last post and I cannot disagree with you. One of my favorite political pendants is Real Time with Bill Maher. He is fairly sure the present POTUS will win, again. As a foreign observer, I do not see the same passion in the Dems as I see in the GOP.
Here in The Great White North our government has a situation to deal with. Supporters of a special interest group have been disrupting the country. Some sort of order appears to be returning.
Attachments
not my circus.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion