politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: politic on the board

Right wing propaganda, seldom based on true facts. Just the meme alone that starts that video is a weird cheap shot aimed at the lowest common denominator of right wing supporters. Real classy.

There's lots of hillbilly insurrectionists crying in their beer right now where as I'm not seeing remorse from the left or the center, just the opposite there is a celebration going on as the darkness of the last four years is finally lifting. Even some of my long term Republican friends are admitting that Trump was mistake and are not willing to get in bed with fascism to support the man. The party has a rift down the center the size of the Grand Canyon that just may spell the end for them. The right is desperate now as they have lost seniority and have shamed themselves greatly with the coup attempt, they are going to have mud on their faces for a long time and will be spewing this Goebbels style propaganda more and more as they continue to try to dig out of the hole they've made for themselves!
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:46 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:Lloyd, WTF is that bunch of BS.

I LIKE THUMBS UP

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:57 pm

Binder Mike wrote:Right wing propaganda, seldom based on true facts. Just the meme alone that starts that video is a weird cheap shot aimed at the lowest common denominator of right wing supporters. Real classy.

There's lots of hillbilly insurrectionists crying in their beer right now where as I'm not seeing remorse from the left or the center, just the opposite there is a celebration going on as the darkness of the last four years is finally lifting. Even some of my long term Republican friends are admitting that Trump was mistake and are not willing to get in bed with fascism to support the man. The party has a rift down the center the size of the Grand Canyon that just may spell the end for them. The right is desperate now as they have lost seniority and have shamed themselves greatly with the coup attempt, they are going to have mud on their faces for a long time and will be spewing this Goebbels style propaganda more and more as they continue to try to dig out of the hole they've made for themselves!

I guess I am on the mailing list of the FAR RIGHT, the post office sent me the most far right newspaper I didn't know existed! I suppose the far right attorneys like Giuliani would sue me if I posted the name. That's why I wrote in my vote in Nov. Did not like either candidate.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:18 pm

kevin wrote:
Binder Mike wrote:Right wing propaganda, seldom based on true facts. Just the meme alone that starts that video is a weird cheap shot aimed at the lowest common denominator of right wing supporters. Real classy.

I guess I am on the mailing list of the FAR RIGHT, the post office sent me the most far right newspaper I didn't know existed! I suppose the far right attorneys like Giuliani would sue me if I posted the name. That's why I wrote in my vote in Nov. Did not like either candidate.

The idea of voting for the lesser of two evils goes against my core beliefs, while I can find a lot of fault with Biden the other choice was unfathomable. I hope some day to have a clear choice in a candidate.......if I live long enough! For now my hopes are set on Kamala Harris when Biden steps down.
56 S120 4x4,

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:49 am

nikkinutshop wrote:Lloyd, WTF is that bunch of BS.

Nikki,
Just your typical alt-right disinformation, fake news. Trump supporters are suffering withdrawal symptoms since they don't get their daily garbage intake from his twitter feed any longer.

As far as the United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters goes, I have been a proud member since 1974. Even the years I was full time dairy farming I still taught a night school welding class for stick and tig to union apprentices. The U.A. encompasses the U.S.A. and Canada with affiliates in Australia and Ireland. It has about 300 locals serving about 370,000 members in the U.S. and Canada. Of the 300 or so locals only one is devoted entirely to pipeline work, local 798 in Tulsa OK. I would guess less than 1% of total membership is involved in pipeline construction and it isn't like the entire membership of 798 is involved with construction of the Keystone. Furthermore, it isn't like the U.A. leadership didn't know from the get go what Biden's stance on the Keystone was before they endorsed him. Trump did labor no favors during his tenure, union or not, a pro business administration, not for the working stiff no matter what his propaganda spewed forth.

I see Biden has an approval rating of 56% this morning, one week in. Trumps highest was 49% with a low of 34% at the end of his term.

I would imagine that many Biden supporters have remorse but the fact that he won by over 7 million votes tells me that even more Trump supporters had remorse for the vote they cast in 2016.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:28 pm

Ahh a welder, that explains the user name! My dad brought home one of the prototype auto dark helmets. Polaroid pioneered the auto-dark goggles, originally for the B-52 cockpit crew to protect from flash burn from an A bomb drop. Prior to that they had to fly with a patch over one eye, that they could remove if blinded from a flash, and use covered eye, to fly home.
Once it was made for that, they made some for welders, which was the obvious commercial use.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:01 pm

I started welding b4-auto-dark about 60 years ago. I bought an auto-dark helmet 30 years ago. I bought a second auto-dark a few years later. I have tried to use my original manual helmet, with the flop-down lens, a few times. I do not want to go back.
Those are some interesting facts on the pipeline.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:02 pm

I learned before auto dark and still have two helmets that are manual. My problem is my eyes aren't good enough to see even once the arc is burning. I sold my Mig and just have an A/C buzz box. Don't do much welding anymore.
When Dad brought the early prototype home to try, it wasn't dark enough for heavy stick welding, might have been ok for Mig, but Mig wasn't in common use at that time. I don't remember what the date was, but it was in the 70's I think.
To be clear, Polaroid didn't make the 1st helmet, but the auto darkening glass that was used in the helmets. It is a multi layer glass where different layers a polarized in opposite directions, one is activated with an electrical charge.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:43 pm

When I first saw an auto dark lens being demonstrated I could not believe it. I went to work the next day and told the old hands what I had seen and passed out the pamphlets the salesman had given me. After reading one of them the foreman said "if I see anyone using this bs on my job you are down the road. I ain't hauling anybody to the eye doctor. If you need a crutch like that to do a decent stop and start I don't want you on my job anyway".

I have 2 helmets with them in and rarely use them. They were handy when I was teaching and looking over a students shoulder. On the job I used them in tight spots where you couldn't do the nod.

The Hill news source just told me 30,000 registered republicans have jumped ship since the capitol riot. Remorse?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:55 am

The question before the Senate and each Senator should answer, If the mob had made it a little further, got a hold of Mike Pence and shot the speaker, would they still vote to dismiss? If not, what is different?
Is the life of a few capitol police not as significant as their own? If they were the ones facing death in the face would they still be able to excuse the actions of Trump? That is the question before them, and history will not look kindly on people willing to place party (and even re-election) above human life.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion