politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:57 am

Re: politic on the board

Boris Johnson was born in New York city, Upper East side. I think this might allow him to run for the office of the POT USA. He is American by birth.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:00 pm

I would of been more surprised if Boris did not get the job. Between the two it would be like a choice of a poke in the eye or a kick in the b@lls.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... itics-live

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:06 pm

We live in very troubled times.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:21 pm

Now for some good news. My doctor visit this morning was all good news. I get to be a negative Nancy for the foreseeable future.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:35 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:Now for some good news. My doctor visit this morning was all good news. I get to be a negative Nancy for the foreseeable future.

That is very good news, my annual check up and blood test results are this Thursday I'm hoping for the same news.

Nikki we all have our moments, if you weren't such a crusty SOB you wouldn't be so darn lovable. ;)
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:47 pm

67814944_2737506666263932_8796059590182567936_n.jpg
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:43 pm

The shoot-em-up continues. The news reports 13 travel advisories from foreign countries on travel in USA.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:23 pm

FB_IMG_1466062787798.jpg
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:46 pm

Our noon news reports a new US company making bullet proof hoodies for school children, is unable to keep up with the demand. The news went on to report nearly 100% of our illegal guns are brought into Canada from the USA.
There is a difficult solution to these situations. I understand why US politicians do not want to be the person to propose a control. The news also reports there are on average, 1.25 guns for every American citizen.
A person like myself, looking in from outside sees this. Many American citizens think they need a gun to protect themselves from another American who may have a gun and may become a threat. How can any person claim to be free when that person lives in fear and feels the need to carry a gun?
The news reports the public running in fear when they hear something approximating a gun-shot.
My neighbour does not like me and has said so in no uncertain terms. I do not live in fear of him shooting me. I am fairly sure I have given him good reason to dislike me. Rather than living in fear of the other person taking a shot at me, we negotiated a truce. We have agreed to putting each other on ignore except for those circumstances where safety of the 'hood may be compromised. This is called a negotiated settlement.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:05 pm

Not to turn this into a forum for/against gun control, but don't believe everything you see in the news. Granted, we do have a problem, but it's not nearly as bad as the news would make you think. The news has overblown the whole situation, resulting in a panic that is well beyond the risk. The number of people killed with guns yearly in the US is typically less than the number that die in vehicle accidents, yet how many people have a fear of cars? How often does a major freeway accident end up repeated in the news for days and weeks afterwards? And according to a recent article in Discover magazine, roughly half the gun fatalities are from suicide, not attacks from nuts, thieves, or disgruntled neighbors. While certainly tragic, the chances of a random person being killed by a firearm is not that high, and no where near as high as the hype in the news would make you think.
1936 International C40
1962 Triumph TR4
2002 Chevy Avalanche
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion