politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:04 pm

Re: politic on the board

I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:16 am

nikkinutshop wrote:In the USA, how much does it cost to get tested for Covid19? The news reports the test is free but the hospital charges can be $3200.

Looks like Nikki is correct
https://centurylink.net/player/article/ ... egory/news

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:20 am

Here is another truth.
More persons have been tested in British Columbia, where I live, than in all of the country just south of here. And the testing was free, in British Columbia, for citizens.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:17 pm

And then there are two candidates left. Bloomberg backs Biden and then leaves the race.
I do not know what the USA news reports, but the apparent backing of Fidel Castro in one of Sanders speeches may have hurt his chances.
I am old enough to remember when Cuba and Castro were enemies of the USA. What Kennedy had learned in The Bay of Pigs taught him a few lessons on how the handle the Cuban Missile Crisis.
The Cuban Missile Crisis, also known as the October Crisis of 1962, the Caribbean Crisis, or the Missile Scare, was a 13-day confrontation between the United States and the Soviet Union initiated by the American discovery of Soviet ballistic missile deployment in Cuba.
American politics is so much more exciting than Canadian politics. While I have no involvement in the USA outcome, I still hope for a good leader to rise to the top and get elected.
Harvey, stop private messaging me. If you have anything to say, to me, put it in this discussion where everyone can see it. I am not going to copy and paste your message to this subject, as is your habit.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:28 pm

Harvey, stop private messaging me. If you have anything to say, to me, put it in this discussion where everyone can see it. I am not going to copy and paste your message to this subject, as is your habit.
Understood sir

If I may out of habit, as I should of posted here in case anyone else really cares.
-----
niki
"Thanks for the info as to why Pete dropped out"
Last edited by Harvey on Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:43 pm

From what I heard, all Sanders said was " One of the first things Castro did was set up a literacy program" He was making the point that even the dictatorships can do some things of worth.
I never understood why we refused to engage with a country so close to our boarder, regardless of whether we agree with them or not. 60 years of embargo got us nothing but bad feelings (and a few convicts) from Cuba.
I would not have liked to live under Castro, but pretending that an island 90 miles from our shore doesn't exist didn't make things better.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:07 pm

GOOGLE, Bernie sanders talks about Castro
You will find lots about Bernie and the Castro thing.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:49 pm

If you look at the living conditions in Cuba under Batista the wealth was concentrated at the very top and the rest of the countries population that lived in the rural countryside lived in abject poverty. The American Mafia was intertwined with the government and corruption was rampant. It's no wonder the peasants were wiling to cling to the first revolutionary's that came along even if it meant communism under the likes of Che and Fidel. Their lot improved in someways and suffered in others but I think their quality of life overall improved compared to Batista's regime. It was the wealthy upper class that fled to Florida and felt the most disenfranchised. I think from a historic and intellectual point of view you would have to have your head in the sand to deny that anything good came of the revolution. I don't endorse dictatorships of any kind and neither does Bernie. This is just mudslinging by the right that will appeal to the most basest part of their base, the one's who don't think and are spoon fed their talking points on Fox news.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:43 pm

I cannot back a man who admires oppressive regimes and dictators. Not only did Sanders say he admired Castro who imprisoned and often executed those who opposed him he admired the Sandinistas and has said that Daniel Ortega is an impressive leader, even going so far as to host Ortega in Burlington back in 1985 when he was the mayor there.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion