Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:52 pm

Re: politic on the board

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:14 am

Well, I'm disgusted. I think SNL summed it up best:
"Only in America can you have the whole thing on tape, the trial at the scene of the crime and the jurors the intended target and still get an acquittal! See, this is why black people can have it on tape and don't stand a chance!"
May not be the exact words but fairly close.
Then McConnell comes out after his vote to acquit and says Trump is practically and morally responsible, Ah Mitch, YOU are practically and morally responsible for your vote to acquit! You can't have it both ways, either you believe he is guilty or you don't.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:55 am

cornbinder89 wrote: [Then McConnell comes out after his vote to acquit and says Trump is practically and morally responsible, Ah Mitch, YOU are practically and morally responsible for your vote to acquit! You can't have it both ways, either you believe he is guilty or you don't.]

McConnell needs to buy suit pants with reinforced seats for all the fence straddling he's been doing. Poor character.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:01 pm

I don't agree with Ben Sasse on much, but he gained my respect with how he dealt with censor in Nebraska GOP. There are those in the GOP that I can respect if not agree with, too bad most of the party is filled with sycophant's!
Last edited by cornbinder89 on Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:31 pm

I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:42 pm

I will not celebrate another's dyeing, but I will not morn the loss either.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:09 pm

Man I am sure glad we have a president now that does not not tweet what he is thinking. Sadly enough I wonder how long this senile man will last. I do not wish bad on anyone but anyone paying attention new that Joe is really not all together now. The problem was even when he had it together he has been on the wrong side of every foreign policy issue going back 40 years. Very sad time if you ask me.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:08 pm

Hey, Where are all the Joe supporters? Sad!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:17 pm

Since you are itching for a response:
Biden did a poor job with task, he deserve blame for poorly planning. However, there is much more blame to go around.
1st it was not his timetable. Trump signed an agreement to be out by May 1st, Biden managed to put it off to Sept 1.
Trump and his admin had disabled and broke the SIV program to get our allies out. This doesn't explain or excuse not getting the Americans out.
Trump not only changed the procedure for SIV he gutted the personnel required to administer it. In doing that, he took the time to approve an applicant from weeks to over 2 years. That's right, someone who applied to get out on a SIV the day Trump signed the agreement would still be a year away from approval when we pulled out.
Some of the roadblocks could be (and should have been) dismantled the day Biden took office, and he deserves blame for not doing so, however you can't reassemble and train people to re-fill positions quickly.
For some reason the defense dept never learned the lesson from Vietnam, and continued to paint a overly optimistic picture of how things were on the ground and what would happen when we started to pull out. It is exactly what happened in Vietnam and it is no surprise that when the same thing was done this time, we got the same results. This condemnation applies not only to Biden or Trump, but to Bush as well. They all refused to dig deep enough and put people in place that would speak the truth rather then what they wanted to hear.
It is folly to think that Trump, who started down this road, and agreed to get out 3 months sooner would have done any better, the events on the ground were not in any better condition in May or January when he left. I think it far more likely he would have stiff-armed our allies, who helped us and to who we made promises too, either pull men and equipment so the collapse would have been even quicker, or left the same equipment that he is complaining leaving today.
There is more than enough blame to go around, we ended up exactly where we could have ended up 30 days after we went in. So who do you blame for that? Bush for not limiting our action?, Obama for not stopping it? Trump for not doing what he said he was going to do before elected? or Biden for doing it even if he didn't agree with how it was negotiated? All of them in my book. At least we are now at least trying to keep to what we agree to.
I do feel we should have got those we made promises too out of harms way before pulling out, regardless of law or vetting. It was the same excuse during WW2 that allowed the holocaust to happen, weak men hide behind law and regulation when great men act on what is needed and just.
Like most, I feel we were there far too long, Like most I am glad we are out, and like most I feel the pull out was poorly done, and also like most I don't feel Trump would have done better. It was he who negotiated the pull out, and failed to put in place the background needed to be prepared. Biden should have started do un-do the obstacles put in place by his predecessor on day one, and for failing to do so he deserves the criticism.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:41 pm

Well said.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion