politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:34 am

Re: politic on the board

Agreed, Remember it was a Dem (Harry Reid) who eliminated the 60 vote majority to seat lower court appointees, and it is Trump and the Republicans that reaped the benefit of that, he has appointed far more than Reid got thru the Senate. If Trump is successful with this farce, it will be future administrations that will make use of it for their own purpose.
Imagine the clamor, if the next Administration declared a "National Health Emergency" and nationalized healthcare? The Republicans would be in fits!
A 2/3rd majority was a good system for appointed positions. It forced thing toward middle ground and kept extremist from either fringe from gaining too much sway. It was a check on too much power going one way or the other. A hard won rule made by are forefathers Easy to change and no one in the Senate is going to change it back, we are now at another similar watershed, and I don't know if there is the backbone to stop it, either in the courts or the congress.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:58 pm

https://youtu.be/2ta9WgoKFwY
Did I read something about an agreement with Russia to stop restraints on nuclear missiles? There will be no winners.
Would it be easier to try and get along?
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:48 pm

deleted :t3302:
Last edited by Harvey on Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:07 am

Nikki, not an agreement with Russia. Rather for the past five years the US has been accusing Russia of stockpiling again and we, in all of our great wisdom, decided to no longer abide by the agreement either. So I guess we are back to a nuclear arms race.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:29 pm

I did grades one through nine way out on the nearly bald Alberta Prairies. The schools I went to were required to teach the students about Duck and Cover. We had to get under our desks and cover our eyes. The local air-raid siren would sound to warn us all of impending danger. The air-raid siren doubled as the 12 noon alarm. One or more of the schools had basements and the teachers would often hustle the class into the basement space. https://youtu.be/89od_W8lMtA https://youtu.be/QXOZzBwXGS0
It all seems so silly, now. The general public knows so much more about the "big bang". There will be no survivors.
I remember more than a few persons in our little town who felt it necessary to build bomb shelters. There was the stockpiling of food for that long wait for the area to be safe once again. I was in grade 4 in 1955. If our area had been hit by a nuclear bomb in 1955, it would not be safe to return to that area in 2019, 64 years later. My friend's mother had a bomb shelter built in the basement of the family home. After her death nearly 10 years ago, my friend and I cleaned out the shelter. All of the food was spoiled.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:41 pm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:22 am

nikkinutshop wrote:https://youtu.be/qzv6EhE7Cbo

It always amazed me how his mind continually was going in six different directions at once, he could pack more jokes into two minutes of his act than most other comedians could in a 20 minute routine. Spontaneous and brilliant Robin was always a favorite comedian of mine!
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:42 pm

Re:

Harvey wrote:She is a real piece of work ! Just horrible !

“Nancy Pelosi’s Sanctuary Policies that provide aid, comfort, and protection to illegal aliens make it extremely difficult for LEO’s to preform [sic] their jobs, which they took an oath and swore to uphold and enforce the laws of this land,” Greene wrote.

“Nancy Pelosi clearly chooses illegals over ICE agents. Her support of sanctuary and protection for illegal criminals is truly unreal for an elected representative of the American people, and treasonous behavior puts ICE agents in danger and makes their ability to do their jobs extremely difficult.”

Greene’s commentary focused on the case of Newman, California, police officer Cpl. Ronil Singh, who was murdered during a traffic stop on 26 December 2018. The mancharged with the killing, Gustavo Perez Arriaga, has been identified as an undocumented immigrant.

“Do you know what Nancy Pelosi’s response to the murder of Corporal Singh was?” Greene wrote.
“Nothing. Not a peep. No response to the murder of a legal immigrant who was serving the people of California as a police officer. Zero.”

Greene continued: “At this point, can we just say that Nancy Pelosi seems to care less about LEO’s lives? To her Blue Lives don’t matter. Only Illegal Lives do … or should we say illegal votes. I will go further. Nancy Pelosi needs to be arrested for treason!”

For the record, Pelosi did offer a public response to Singh’s murder during a 10 January press conference, calling it “tragic,” though in doing so she placed it in the broader context of what she termed “the tragic situation at the border”:

This needs to be spread about
horrible part is, it is not fake news and that fact and she makes me sick...

Not only that I heard she has horns and a tail!
56 S120 4x4,
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion