politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:55 pm

Re: politic on the board

INVADE USA ??????
A morning talk show host has suggested that Canada invade its southern neighbour. Everyone I have talked to rejects this suggestion as ridiculous in the extreme. While we share some common language it ends there. Politics, hockey and weather are favorite Canadian subjects.
Our family DNA is in a few extended family members in USA, I take no responsibility for that
Our families immigrated to Canada in the early 1900s and started farming and discovering each-other. Some of the later generations did not see their futures in Canada and returned to the last known residential area of our grandparents.
I do not think there is any good humor in this suggestion. Sometimes a joke can back-fire and the joke can get elected or the joke can become someone's focus.
The Canadian focus on and proactive treatment of covid19 is one reason I like being here. 88748
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/dai ... ri18n=true
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:04 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:INVADE USA ??????
A morning talk show host has suggested that Canada invade its southern neighbour. Everyone I have talked to rejects this suggestion as ridiculous in the extreme. While we share some common language it ends there. Politics, hockey and weather are favorite Canadian subjects.
Our family DNA is in a few extended family members in USA, I take no responsibility for that
Our families immigrated to Canada in the early 1900s and started farming and discovering each-other. Some of the later generations did not see their futures in Canada and returned to the last known residential area of our grandparents.
I do not think there is any good humor in this suggestion. Sometimes a joke can back-fire and the joke can get elected or the joke can become someone's focus.
The Canadian focus on and proactive treatment of covid19 is one reason I like being here. 88748
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/dai ... ri18n=true

I notice in the link that part of the humor is referring to America as a failed state if we don't do a 180 come election time that is going to be much closer to the truth. Trump and the GOP has sent the budget deficit soaring to a record high of $3.7 trillion with nothing to show for it. No new infrastructure, no universal health care, etc. just a bloated budget for the military and huge tax cuts for the Corps and the wealthy. Interesting how the republicans only seem to interested in reducing the deficit when the dem's are in office. All humor aside why would Canada want to by any means take on the s**t show we have going on down here.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:47 pm

I do not like this attempt at humor by that talk show host. He is an otherwise intelligent man, but this time he failed. After about 2.8 seconds our conversations returned to hockey, the weather and covid19.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:40 am

I can fully understand a Canadian not finding humor in this but it would solve some problems with tariffs, international shipping, and vehicle titles.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:34 pm

Kanye West Says 'I Am Running for President' as Elon Musk Says 'You Have My Full Support!
Taylor Swift Fans Call for Singer to Run for President Amid Kanye West's White House Bid
What is next" Justin Bibber running for Prime Minister of Canada? "Never say Never"
I would like to have Kasia Bodurka our GLOBAL News weather girl run for Prime Minister.
https://www.google.ca/search?sxsrf=ALeK ... 24&bih=668

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:05 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:Kanye West Says 'I Am Running for President' as Elon Musk Says 'You Have My Full Support!
Taylor Swift Fans Call for Singer to Run for President Amid Kanye West's White House Bid
What is next" Justin Bibber running for Prime Minister of Canada? "Never say Never"
I would like to have Kasia Bodurka our GLOBAL News weather girl run for Prime Minister.
https://www.google.ca/search?sxsrf=ALeK ... 24&bih=668

Kanye is an Uncle Tom who sucks up to Trump. This is a pathetic attempt by the repulicans to have him run as an independent to draw Black votes away from Biden.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:47 pm

The POTUS just became an uncle to a non-family member. It all looks a little weird from up here in Canada. We still have really good beer. Beer dulls the shocking news ever so little.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowit ... y-as-niece
Kayleigh, If you smell TIC TAC, be careful.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/d ... cript.html

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:55 pm

I have subscribed to a You Tube video series called The Lincoln Project
This is a very interesting video series. I hope this channel accomplishes what they are trying to do. I will be sending them money to help fund a good thing.
Check it out. The Lincoln Project on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/c/TheLincolnProject/videos

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:01 pm

I've been watching it for some time now. One of their main persons is trumps political advisor Kellyanne Conway's husband. I often wonder what the dinner table conversation is like in that household.

They do have some great adds but other than their hatred of the president I share no political views with them.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:10 pm

b4autodark wrote: I often wonder what the dinner table conversation is like in that household.

Yeah, I can't imagine what their kid has to deal with, or how you could stay married to Ms. "alternative facts".
I guess it is true, to be a lawyer you have to have a thick hide.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion