politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: politic on the board

Too bad Idaho opted to not partake in Medicaid expansion, as did other red states, I feel bad for you, but you voted for what you got, as did I
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:00 pm

Do not feel bad for me, and I survived and knew that if I really needed the medical "help" I could get it, just as anyone could always get it. I also knew that there were folks much worse off than I that needed the programs more than I did. We will probably never see things in the same light, but PLEASE never assume you know me or why I make the choices I have. I try to not make assumptions about your choices. As I have said before, we may disagree on some things, but I am equally sure that we agree on more than we disagree on. Peace guys. Got more important things in life to worry about and do not need to get twisted up on stuff. Peace Guys.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:02 pm

Today, a resigning elected person was heard saying, The accusations against me are not accurate." That is a , "yes iI did it", but I did not do it that way. These re exciting times.
Michigan Democrat who has been accused of harassment by former female staffers announces he is leaving his seat but says that claims are ‘not accurate. So, my question is, "What is the accurate truth?"

https://youtu.be/rrexj7-E4gA
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:15 pm

Don and Camilla.jpg
No TIC TACs
Okay, who forgot the TicTacs
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:06 am

I'm afraid, very afraid of my government. 1 day after the NYC "bomber" if you can call it that, there are some in the government calling to charge him as an enemy combatant, and suspend all civil protections. Don't get me wrong, Like most I believe the man to be guilty as sin, and there are plenty of witnesses to prove that. Life in prison without parole, in the general population will rock that kid world in a way that being a martyr to his "cause" never could. It will be a short sentence I sure, as General population in a supermax are not known to be forgiving.
What scares me is a government that is willing to selectively "ignore" our laws when it suits them. Dylan Roof wasn't charged as an enemy and he killed a lot more. The Las Vegas gunman if he lived, I'm sure wouldn't have been an enemy combatant.
The only thing that separates Isses's killings in the town square, and our "civil society" is that we have the rule of law and don't allow the "powers that be" to be judge, jury and executioner. Those calling for the suspension of these protections would be the 1st to scream if they're rights were suspended. I am not calling for going easy on this guy, only that we deal with him within our laws.
I have always been against "Gitmo" for this reason, and have proved to be right. We had a tiger by the tail, and made many more people with a reason to hate our country. If they had been brought to trial here or in the Haag for war crimes, we could look the world in the eye and say we are better then those that do these things, as of now we do what we condemn many others for doing.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:31 pm

The above was written just after the morning "talking Heads" had their say. I am relived to hear this evening that they are charging him in federal court, where it belongs.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:45 pm

As the man was here under a Green card, and is therefore subject to the Law of the Land, he should be charged and prosecuted under the current laws of the United States. I do wonder what all the circumstances were for him to receive the Green Card. That is something that also needs to be "found" out.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:07 am

I believe he was able to get a green card because he has family living here. I know most of our ancestors emigrated here from other countrys and is part of what made this country great. BUT iN todays world we are allowing masses of people in that have destructive motives. Imigration needs to be clamped down on until or if things change. These people dont play by rules of previous wars. They kill inocent people to try to disrupt our way of life. I dont think anyone alive today will see this problem go away.
Our laws are stiff enough that the crime he commited will put him out of society for good. If they pick who they want to change the laws for
that can creat a dangerous world for us. Timothy McVeigh got put in his place for his terrorist crime without a change in rules of prosecution.

One thing I have noticed. In the middle east when one side starts loosing they all dissapear into the woodwork. I wonder if there are enough good people in those country's to ever create a functioning society. They have destroyed their world and want to destroy ours. We cant fix that problem. Sad thought.
You cant fix stupid. Since the terrorist movement started in the late 70's there are about three generations that have been raised to hate/kill/destroy. sickening mentality
I get my high on heavy iron, the older and heavier the better I feel.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:00 pm

lbesq wrote:As the man was here under a Green card, and is therefore subject to the Law of the Land, he should be charged and prosecuted under the current laws of the United States. I do wonder what all the circumstances were for him to receive the Green Card. That is something that also needs to be "found" out.

From what I've heard, he emigrated here in the late 2000's and didn't become "radicalized" until a few years ago, no contact with radical groups before a few years ago, no website trolling of radical groups until recently. The point being he was radicalized on US soil after he emigrated, so not sure how you can select people today for what they MIGHT become in 5 or 10 years.
Freedom isn't free, but it also isn't safe. You have to allow for risk to be free from ternary, it means for a fully free society, we will never be free from domestic shooters or people who, like Dylan Roof, are radicalized on our own soil.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:29 pm

nobody will know for sure what set off the Vegas shooter, was he radicalized by far right? far left? Isis? Christianity? was he just a nut, one thing we do know is he was natural born U.S. citizen who killed over 500 people, And Dylan Roof, And all the other angry white guys that our intelligence shut down Before they can act.

so there is that when discussing emigrants being future radicals,

When we put on our CarShow every year, we have a meeting with Homeland Security, I was waiting for them to tell us to look out for any muslimy looking people, etc.

My jaw dropped when we were told Homeland Security considers Angry White Men their biggest threat, we were told to look out for a lone white guy walking around arguing with people or just looking mad, they told us they actively catch white guys planning shootings, stock piling explosives, it doesn't make the news and when it does it's just for a day, This is absolute truth, this is what Homeland Security told us to watch out for and they were serious,

this guy: http://khon2.com/2015/07/27/1200-guns-a ... mans-home/

nobody knows what his thing was as he died, but makes you wonder,,,,,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion