politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:42 pm

Nice bike

Mike
Like your bike and the way you eat trout...

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:55 pm

Re: politic on the board

Trump has ordered USA companies to stop shipping 3M masks to Canada. I am guessing the POTUS does not know the filler/filter material for these masks comes from the Harmac mill near Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. If Canada holds the filter material for our own production, shipping product north will be self eliminating without an order.
China is shipping masks to Canada, for our consumption, because Canada shipped what we had to China when they were struggling early with the corona situation in their country.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Newton's third law of motion.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:42 pm

This is a worldwide Pandemic, and it is going to take the world working together to prevent a humanitarian tragedy. There is no room for "me first"! .

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:55 am

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:08 pm

And that is just part of the story. There is a very clear timeline of statements from the President that start with his denial of the virus calling it a hoax to him downplaying the seriousness of the threat to finally taking action after weeks were lost that could have made a significant difference as to the number of lives lost to COVID-19. His glossing over of this and trying to spin it in to what a good job he is doing only makes it worse. He won't even own his mistakes. We elect a president for his leadership qualities and Mr. Trump has clearly failed. We as a nation deserve better.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:07 pm

I was watching to see what Fauci was saying but I can no longer stomach the narcissism that follows. The Bobby Bones Show (country music station from Nashville with national syndication) had Fauci on for an interview. They said NOTHING about politics and people still gutted him over it. Trump has his mlm followers thinking Fauci is the enemy. It's a sad state when angry mobs are ready to ruin people over some hateful thing they think they know.
Matt H.
My toys:
1951 International
1972 Buick Centurion
1957 Buick Special
1939 Buick Special
1978 Cadillac Superior Hearse

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:14 pm

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi endorsed Joe Biden for president on Monday, calling the former vice president "a leader who is the personification of hope and courage.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB13glyZ?m=en-ca& ... InAppShare

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:51 pm

Nikki,
I kno wthat you and I will never agree on politics and that is ok... Now If he could now just put 3 sentences together that make any sense. I mean really...It is very sad to be honest. Hard to believe that is the best they could come up with! They were panicked as they knew Bernie would take him down if they did not circle the wagons. SO they did. And now what? Now it is also going to get interesting with the Me Too charges. I am not one to just assume someone is guilty without true evidence but it sure did not matter when it came to the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:18 pm

I would not say, "never." I try to keep my opinions to my self since I do not have a dog in this fight. I read a lot of American politics news and I occasionally do an interesting copy and paste. I hope for the best possible outcome for USA.
This is my opinion: I have the opinion that there are too many persons looking after themselves, at the top. Truth is not valued as much as it should be. Science may save us all. Strongly held emotions will fail.
I am a few years younger that JB. I know my limitations, due to my age. I do fairly well at my keyboard, but I know I will get tongue-tied if I were under pressure with a reporter hustling me.
I wish all politicians would have more respect for the media, and vise-versa. Insulting the media will not make them your new best friend.
It is all but impossible to hide that moment of poor judgment from decades ago. The resources available to reporters and all of us can dig up that moment that was long forgotten.
I read, "It is a sad day when we have to vote for someone just to get rid of someone else." This was said about one of the persons running for office in a Canadian election.
Another opinion. I think the best Democrat candidates have been kicked to the curb. Old straight white men have shown us all that they can make things worse. Maybe it is time.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:36 pm

Nikki,
I agree with almost all what you have said here. The politions are so currupt that is hard to see how we will get out of it. The media is not a fan of Trump and many aren't. That is OK but when they are only reporting negative stories on Trump in which many have needed to be retracted it tells you something. It will be interesting to see what comes of the John Durham investigation. I believe the media is tied i to that story as well. I agree that many of the best democratic candidates are gone but alot was their own doing. The only way that they will win if they get a moderate where they can get their old democratic base as well as some idependence. It will be interesting for sure. For what it is worth I am a half breed. I have dual citizenship as my mom is Canadian. I remember when I was a kid how much my grandpa hated old man Trudeau. He is gone now but i mussed have inherited some of his thoughts.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion