politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:49 pm

Re: politic on the board

I would doubt that anything positive will ever happen. What I saw on TV was a bunch of persons who did not have the election go "their way". I doubt that any of the "supporters" will ever stand up and get involved. Real hard working Canadian Prairie people do not have time to lead a bunch of scattered ideas to a successful end.
The movement will be left to some opportunist Pied Piper. In the original story, Those who hired the Piper were solely concerned with material life, and their decisions ended up costing the entire town its happiness.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:43 pm

THE GOOD OLD DAYS.
Attachments
BUSH MISS ME.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Is anyone else watching the impeachment hearings?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:58 pm

A little, I have my Government classes watching clips of it.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:05 pm

deleted :t3302:
Last edited by Harvey on Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:46 pm

I have been listening, on the radio, and it shows how good some of the career people are and how bad some in both parties are. Why anyone would think of becoming involved in diplomatic service after listening to what they were subjected too would be beyond me.
Our whole system is based primarily on trust that those elected ( and appointed) will place the nations priorities above their own, most seam to rise to the burden, but it is evident that there are those that can not or will not. For those there needs to be oversite and consequences.
The witnesses seam to answer, and be honest, the questioners on the other hand, sometimes (many times) have shown to be less than honest. I think I have seen the slimyest from both parties, but those from the presidents side seam to are having trouble staying civil.
It is hard for me to understand how and why any President would go against the recommendation of ALL the departments and people who's sole job it is to make those recommendations, as well as all the vetting required before those recommendations, for something as critical as aid to a country in armed combat without a valid reason? When the State dept, the NSA, the CIA , the pentagon and others all were asking why the appropriated aid, aid which was bi-partisen approved was being held, the only answer we are getting was the Trump was concerned about corruption. If so, why not ask those who's job it is assess those things? All those who's responsible for answering those questions, thought the aid should go thru, and in fact thought it was.
If this president is going to play being "king" he is going to have a lot to answer for.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:51 pm

It all makes me feel very uncomfortable.
Anyone have an opinion on Roger Stone? As a nonresident 75%-American, I should reserve my thoughts.
I do not think anyone has any idea of how to stop the gun violence. The freshest example being the California school shooting. More laws will not likely change very much. If any person does not subscribe to and respect the laws we have, one more law intended to prevent something will likely be ignored as the previous laws were.
Two common throw-away statements that make me angry, almost always come out following these events are. One, "So it never happens again." Two, "We send out thoughts and prayers." It is safe to suggest, "It will happen again." Send our T&P makes the suggestion that something is being done by that person, but they are not getting any closer to the problem than that. For the ever increasing number of persons, myself included, who do not buy into there being a supreme being to pray to, it seems like rather empty words. If there were a supreme being who is in control, I have to wonder why these and any tragic events were allowed to happen. So, if a person prays to this supreme being for something, what does the prayer look like? I would like to know.
Why is it the news almost always reports the victims to have been the best of the best with kind hearts. Natural progression will have the worst examples of the human race being the only survivors.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:04 pm

The other thing that always get said "Police are still searching for a motive". Like there is any motive that would justify an irrational act of killing. Even if you find that they killed because of some perceived reason, that only applies to that one warped person at the one time in history.
Anyone who would pull a gun and start shooting (esp in a school) is irrational, and it seams like another rote phase to "search for motive".

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:50 pm

I forgot about that stupid statement, "Searching for a motive." WFC. The authorities say that north of the 49th, also
After some of the shootings there were suggestions the shooter was maybe just a little crazy, or he was the kid that was bullied. One significant community spokesperson suggested, " We had the shooter in or sights, he was a convicted felon." "We were watching him." Good for you, that really did not work out.
I "think" there has to be change of the national attitude toward life and ending life, everywhere. Without a change of attitude, limiting guns will probably not make much difference.
In the 1950s, my brother and I saved our empty bottle return money and bought a Canadian Made COOEY single shot 22. We put up the money at the small town hardware store for the gun and a box of CIL shorts. The owner of the store called my mother and asked if this was OK. On the way home, my brother, 9 years old, and I, two years older, took turns carrying the bullets then the gun. We were seen by more than a few persons and no one said anything.
Move ahead until 2019, 65 years later. My son was loading a few Air-Soft guns into his Grand Cherokee so he could go and play shoot-m-up, in the woods, with his friends. A nosy neighbour called the police. In less than a minute there were three police cruisers on our street. The police were hiding behind the cruisers and yelling commands to drop and put hands behind your back. It was over in a few minutes and the "Gendarmerie nationale" (aka RCMP) apologized and went to talk to the complainant. I told the police that the complainant and I had been feuding for decades and this is just another of his retaliations. The complainant has been charged with criminal mischief.
I know of several persons on this forum who own and carry guns. One of them told me he needs to protect himself from another crazy person with a gun. Is it possible that many persons have lost the ability to negotiate and compromise? I have to wonder if resorting to gun violence only puts off the day and time when a situation will have to be dealt with finally and absolutely.
This leaves only CB89 and I and I am watching him. :t1809: LOL

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:58 pm

In regards to the impeachment hearings: I do not think anything will come of it. Trump has blatantly broken the law on many occasions and not upheld the constitution in regards to presidential conduct. The GOP has no desire to prosecute Trump as he is carrying out the agenda they wan't. The only hope is that US voters will at least get an inkling of how far off the rails our government has gone and come the 2020 elections people of good conscience will vote this criminal out of office. I know we pussy foot around here about our political beliefs and tend to be on the polite side but for god's sake how bad does it have to get before people of good conscience take action. I am far from believing that voting a straight democratic ticket will fix things in this country but come the 2020 elections that is just what I will be doing as a stop gap measure with the hopes we as a nation can rebuild from there. I'm old enough to remember the Nixon years and this pales in comparison.
Last edited by Binder Mike on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
56 S120 4x4,
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion