politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Re: politic on the board

As long as it does not get vicious, name calling, and some of the stuff that was on the other one, I do not have much of a problem. I understand that one post was removed, I do not know which one, as it was not me that removed it. I did not read it that I am aware of. If someone knows which I am talking about and can PM me with it, great. As Most of you know, I READ every post, though I am not on every day sometimes.
We all have our different opinions and different ways that we may think things should be done. I also believe that we all Mostly agree on way more than we disagree on. While opinions from anyone is welcome, just keep in mind, you should always be most concerned about the country in which you live in.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:40 pm

CUT AND PASTE:
you should always be most concerned about the country in which you live in.
What does this mean to you, Lloyd?
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 pm

As long as it does not get vicious, name calling, and some of the stuff that was on the other one, I do not have much of a problem.

just keep in mind, you should always be most concerned about the country in which you live in.

Hmmmm, :roll:
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Henry Louis Mencken (September 12, 1880 – January 29, 1956) was an American journalist, satirist, cultural critic and scholar of American English.[1] Known as the "Sage of Baltimore", he is regarded as one of the most influential American writers and prose stylists of the first half of the 20th century. He commented widely on the social scene, literature, music, prominent politicians and contemporary movements. His satirical reporting on the Scopes trial, which he dubbed the "Monkey Trial", also gained him attention.
Remember this. HIs comments were made on the times on which he lived. He died in 1956 when I was 11 years old.
https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/h_l_mencken

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:15 am

Mencken has the best political quotes. He pretty much sums up all the problems that the USA faces even though he has been dead for half a century.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu May 03, 2018 10:57 pm

I have to wonder what H. L. Mencken would have said about Rudy Giuliano's unintentional faux pas. It must really difficult to remember why a person is in "The Swamp" when that person is continually being bitten by alligators posing as supporters.
The older I grow, the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom. H.L. Mencken,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri May 04, 2018 12:22 pm

One lesson politicians can't seam to learn, tell the truth, and you'll never have to remember which lie you told to whom.
What ever the "DON" got up to with that weather lady (Stormy Danials) it seams it was consensual between two adults. It doesn't bother me as much as his other comment about grabbing women, and lying about it just make 10 times worse. It can't lower my already low opinion of the man, and it is his wife (of the moment) he owes an explanation to, not me. Buying someone's silence is far worse then the initial crime.
I think we all have done things we are not proud of and would like to think we didn't. You don't have to go and declare them, but if asked, admit that you did it and take the heat, it will likely be short and hot, but it will pass. Hold your head up, and say yeah, I did that, no I am not proud of it, and I learned from it to do better in the future.
Your enemy's will pounce on it, but there is little meat on the bone, if you don't lie, if you do the story keeps going for as long as the lies continue.
In every political down--fall it was never the initial act, however bad, but the cover-up that dooms people.
Those that support the DON, nothing he does can sway their support, and those that voted for him reluctantly, already have enough to regret their vote, and those of us who didn't vote for him saw this coming.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri May 04, 2018 2:08 pm

https://youtu.be/cbJB1TDg8lo
Our Canadian politics is rather mundane. In the past I have wished our politics was more exciting like those lucky Americans. My American Mother used to say, "Nikkinutshop, be careful what you wish for." Mom would have been 100 this year. I think my Nebraskan Mom coined the statement, "Cringe-worthy moment. "I'm Sorry about those moments," Mom.
Canadian politicians are not without some "cringe worthy moments." Out one dollar coin is called a Loonie. The Loonie is named after a diving water bird. Our appropriately named Canadian Loonie has taken a dive and is worth about 67 cents American. So we needed a name for our two dollar coin. Some lunatic suggested "toonie". Until that moment, there was not such anything as a toonie.
We have had a few elected Canadians quit this year over sexual improprieties. I can see it now, and in true Canadian style, the Canuck offender short-cut and left out the Tic-Tac. It probably went something like this. Hey, I'm sorry, EH, but I want to put my maple syrup on you, in my office. We can have poutine after and dip the chips in extra gravy in your navel. Another thing that will get a Canadian politician in trouble is forgetting to include Quebec French in his request for favours. leave out the "Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir" and there are consequences. The next apology to the electorate is the last anyone will hear of this would be politician. Time for a Kraft Beer EH.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu May 17, 2018 1:46 pm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:50 pm

Once again, I feel the need to say I'm sorry to our good neighbors. I wonder if "the DON" knows that many of our armored military vehicles are (or were when I was delivering there) made at GM Defense in London, ON? Wait until the Pentagon gets a 25% import tariffs on their orders!
The US got ourselves into this mess, and were not even 1/2 way thru! I hope the world will just shake their heads and pardon our stupidity, and be welcoming us back when we get our heads screwed back on straight!
The damage one man ( or woman, it is not a male only trait) is amazing. I think we will be dealing with the aftermath long after "the Don" has moved on to several more wives!
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion