Re: BEST WISHES FOR THE SEASON

HHAAAA! Funny.

Happy Holidays.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:43 pm

I like anvil cartoons.
I did buy an anvil at the auction of the Pacific International Harvester Trucks in Vancouver. There was another bidder who had become very agitated because I kept out bidding him until I won. This other bidder was so angry and he confronted me in the IHC shop and wanted to fight. I put my daughter in my IH pickup, asked the jerk to give me a minute. I picked up the 225 pound anvil several times, as hard as I could, so the four 10 inch forged staples could be pounded out of the large stump the anvil was fastened to. It took 4 - 5 tries to get the four staples free. The jerk said he didn't want any trouble and ran. My daughter was calling, "Knock him out Dad". "He is getting away Dad." I put the anvil in the IH and we went home.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:05 pm

You seem to have the most fascinating story's. I could listen to them all night. Funny story and I'm not surprised he didn't want trouble...225 pounds.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:12 pm

I have to admit that I have had an interesting and sometimes challenging life. My Dad used to say, "If it doesn't break you, it will make you stronger." My Dad was always pushing my brother and I to do it better. I remember one time in about 1952 I had to carry distillate fuel out to the field for the John Deere D. I struggled with the one Gerry Can because I was off-balance. Next time Dad insisted that I carry two Gerry Cans, one on each side to balance the load. He was right, this was easier. I was 7. I have a million of them.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:02 pm

It would appear to me that the medical system takes the answer, I feel great" to the question, "How are you today?" as a red flag situation. I usually get sent to the lab for some blood letting. Thank goodness for the mirror behind the sink or I might not get Mister Happy aimed at the little sample jar. I am in my 70s and feeling good and saying so is not acceptable. Just this morning I had 8-10 patches stuck on my upper torso and clip-on wires. I suggested that I might be dead because all of the functions were flat-line. The Tec started the test. I am alive and doing well, as it turned out.
Now what? The patient is doing really well. There must be something. The Waiting Doctor tells us to follow him into his office and sit on uncomfortable chairs. It is difficult to understand all of that Doctor talk when my butt is being pinched by a cheap chair. Fortunately my wife was with me and she made lots of notes.
It turns out that I had been prescribed medications that were not effective and while no harm was done, my the Good Doctor suggested that "we" can do better. The Doctor recommended a book and when I got home, I found a used copy on ABE BOOKS in Canada, placed an on-line order for the book, got my tracking number and in 4-14 days the book will arrive. I would be surprised if my diet were much different than that in this super healer book. As long as they do not mention parsnips, we will get along just fine. Did I say, the book is a used copy and I got it for $4.95 cdn pluss a few Loonies for shipping. Chapters Books sell this book for about $30cdn. Suddenly, I feel better, I got a good deal. I hope the first owner of this book survived the life style and diet suggestions in the book. The book looks delicious and if all else fails, Pass the Heinz. BTW: I did check Craigslist first for a copy of the magic book. I got distracted and bought a Vintage Meccano instruction manual. BTW. the manual came with a 1000+ pieces of the good stuff.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:52 am

How about that. The book dieted down to 4.95 from 30. A successful diet! Lost 25.05! :t0201: :t0201:

By the way, it's early yet but, Merry Christmas!!!
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:10 am

Seasons Greetings to you also. I will be happier when this crazy season has passed. The traffic is nearly gridlock. Yesterday at Costco the parking lot was full and many cars were blocking the driveways while watching. I have my disabled parking permit and I got the last blue parking spot. I appreciate this perk, but I would rather be able to walk a block or two. I'll be in the shop until next year.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Wow, carrying 2 gerry cans by the age of 7. You must be hard as nails, they're heavy. Great save on the diet book as well. Merry christmas to you to. My daughter and me went to the local diy store to buy a christmas tree today. I was pulling out tree's left right and centre trying to find the perfect one. Some how they all managed to all fall down around me, i tried to get my daughter to help, however she could not move for laughter. Some spotty kid who worked at the store came over and asked if i needed any help, which made my daughter laugh even more. :t1812:

Return to Non-IH discussion