1941 Mack

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 16, 2017 10:03 am

Re: 1941 Mack

Dean, I would've thought they both had inserts, but I don't know enough about them. The bigger Mack engines shown in the book looks like the 1930 Mack engine I saw in the desert a couple of weeks ago.
Continentals were used in so many "off" makes, weren't they? I once worked on a beautiful Kaiser-Frasier that had a Continental with a Hydramatic auto from the factory. It had a factory high-compression aluminum head.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 am

Bigger Diamond T trucks used Continental,,,,smaller ones used Hercules,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Diamond T...I have a customer that's trying to "unload" his Diamond T stuff on me. Not a complete vehicle..and...set on S10 chassis...still, it's a 1940s Diamond T cab, fenders, hood, grille.
He had another, complete one. Smallish for Diamond T. A pickup with cast wheels. He sold that one. :(
I drove by it twice every day for seven months. It hadn't budged in decades.
I now have examples of White, IHC, GMC, Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Mack. Diamond T would fit right in. :)
BRJ, I woulda thought Diamond T had their own engines? I guess not.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Diamond T used some IHC engines also, both the medium and heavy sixes. After White bought them and combined with REO, which did have its own line of engines, the association with IHC ended.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 16, 2017 3:01 pm

BRJ, I woulda thought Diamond T had their own engines? I guess not.

my 1937 Model 80 had a Hercules QXB-3, the next bigger truck and later 201 pickups had Hercules QXLD-3

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:10 pm

This bed looks like a Mack ED (or DE, as Mack calls the 20" wheel version) bed. Or perhaps made by the same company?
It's on the back of a IHC D Series
Attachments
image.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:28 am

Diamond T offered that type bed too as well as Anthony steel, they called it a express bed, don't know the maker

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:22 am

After what seems an eternity my 1930s Mack stuff is coming home from smoky Montana next week.
I opted to forego any extra smoke. My lungs are struggling as it is.
I get a real "EE" frame, grille, radiator, seat, boxes below the cab, etc. And some extras.
I will mock up my "ED/DE" project to show why I love this old Mack stuff.
I'm still planing on using 20" IHC SRW cast wheels and axles on it.
Thanks to Lloyd for opening my eyes on what "transporting" costs. A CA man with family in Montana or Northern Idaho is giving me a great deal to move my stuff. There's no way I could touch it, even if I went myself.
Attachments
image.jpg
E Series Macks are just so pretty.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:15 pm

I bought a pile of NOS fenders about 10 yrs back, 30s Ferds IHC, and a Mack E front Fender.

I sold it to a guy on ePay got $600 :shock:

he had me drop it to a business close to me to have them ship it back east, well the guy I dropped it to put it in a shed with some other sheet metal,

when the dumb ass came to pick up the fender to ship to the guy this Einstein picks up a little 1/2 Chebbie rear fender that was in there too,

ships it off, about a week later this guy is calling me furiously accusing me of ripping him off, after he calmed down a little I told him to call his dumb ass buddy,

a few hours later he called me back apologizing, his Mack fender was safely sitting in the shed at his buddy's business right where I left it,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:41 pm

BRJ, where else would you find a fender like that? $600 seems reasonable. :)
As far as the dumbass shipping the wrong fender, I hate that kinda stuff. Glad the Mack fender was still there.
I'm finding a mix of very cheap and very expensive old Mack parts. As time goes on my project is becoming more and more Mack and less IHC.
I was very lucky to source an era-appropriate Continental flathead six and trans nearby. Yay for me.
I'm the only one I know with a 20" cast wheel SRW rear axle. Kinda rare.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion