WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:20 am

Re: WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

Motor driven cutting torch holder for cutting long straight lines.
Bill
KB owner since 1972 and still loving it.
Retired Lineman, mechanic, fabricator, retired motorcycle racer.
South Amherst, Ohio

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Precisely.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:20 am

After a few more hundred dollars and more than few hours the new drill press motor runs in both directions and not at the same time. The wiring was way more complex than I would ever have thought. My retired industrial electrician friend made it work.
After the belt lacing final adjustments are made and everything oiled and greased, I'm going to make a video of the first run. The drill press needs a proper Jacobs chuck.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:10 pm

ALMOST FREE BEAD ROLLER
I picked up this bead roller at PRINCESS AUTO for 50% off and stuck it on a shelf for about three years. This last week, I got the notion to add a power drive to it. The roller kit came with about 10 sets of rollers with several bead styles, and even a set of rolls that make louvers. It was hand crank operated which makes it more than a little difficult to operate with any accuracy.
Sorry for the big edit, but my evolving build plan has changed, again. My wife came out to see what I was doing and she suggested that I use a MILWAUKEE cordless drill and only attach it when I use the roller. I tossed the locking pliers idea for a toggle clamp which I will pick up tomorrow. By taping on any picture you will be taken to Photobucket for more pictures.

edited to add information and a video
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:42 pm

The middle two pictures will not open to larger ones, says that the image has been removed?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:55 am

I just ordered a manual bead roller yesterday and although i have never used one I would think that power should be operated by a foot control switch/pedal. Of course maybe because I dont have lightning fast reflexes...JMHO

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:14 am

I agree on the foot control. This unit will have a Boden Style cable to operate the drill. I've had one of those aluminum Cal Custom right foot pedal covers for decades and never used. Now it gets the job of foot pedal control.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:03 pm

CRAIGSLIST DEALS.
I bought two arbour presses for $200. I will offer the other press for sale on CL. It is a monster at over 400 pounds with an 18 inch stroke.
This is the one that I am keeping. We shot it in the sandblast cabinet and gave it some RUSTOLEUM GREEN. The stand is another CRAIGSLIST goodie for $20. It was a little project to fill the day. Tomorrow, we are expecting a big delivery.
Attachments
MANLEY ARBOUR PRESS 3.jpg
MANLEY ARBOUR PRESS
MANLEY ARBOUR PRESS 2.jpg
MANLEY ARBOUR PRESS 1.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:33 am

I drove to Merritt to visit with MAGIHC MIKE and pick up some IH parts he had sold me, months ago. After loading my parts, Mike walked me past a partially covered camelback drill press he has. I'm thinking that this was a MAGIHC TRICK and it worked. I asked if I may have first refusal it he were to sell the drill press. I made an offer and Mike wanted to give it some thought. His email, the next day, with a few pictures, accepted and I'm picking the 1917 flat belt driven drill press up this weekend.
This drill press will become another working antique in my shop and replace a 33 year old drill press. It is about 60% the size of my WF and John Barnes 22 inch from 1883. The 950 pound Barnes drill press has become a writing and computer table. I use it with larger hole saws. The WF and JB may be put up for sale

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:12 am

Pictures coming after the 4th, I will send you some when they are available. http://www.downsauction.com/editmodule. ... 59&PID=247

My little place is three buildings down from this one.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion