WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri May 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Re: WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

These were going to go on my work bench,,,looked them over a bit more...seasoned them and the wife baked buns in them,,they are cast iron cobblers dishes. I really should quit buying tools and such someday soon...

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat May 11, 2013 8:13 am

My favorite, cornbread might be perfect from your repurposed tool. Nice idea. I haven't limited my garage saling to tools, there have been more than a few antique kitchen appliances, from a variety of cherry piters to toasters to an apple peeler. My wife's favorites are a hundred year old steel roaster called Black Beauty, a Danish hand operated guillotine for thin slicing that Danish hard rye bread,and her biggest and most used is a solid maple chopping block that is 36 inches square and 18 inches thick. It weighs hundreds of pounds and is a nice addition to our kitchen. My absolute favorite is a Hammond A100 organ in perfect condition. It has the same works as the B3. I was forced to take music lessons over fifty years ago and some of what I learned is slowly returning. I'm no Billy Preston. My second all time favorite is a hundred year old Canadian made roll top desk. None of this stuff breaks the bank, so to speak, and while some of it are "keepers", others are great gifts that are well received and appreciated because they are unique and can't be bought at the Big Box Store.

DH Lawrence said it best in his poem, Things men have made.
Things men have made and put soft life into are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing for long years.
And for this reason, some old things are lovely warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Sat May 11, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat May 11, 2013 8:51 am

I like that Brian. Did you/are you, going to the BACK ALLEY CUSTOMS SHOW AND SHINE? Peace my Friend.
Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat May 11, 2013 12:49 pm

I'll call you later.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat May 11, 2013 9:19 pm

And here is another little tidbit under the garage sale heading. I was at a garage sale today and they had an older Rockwell 10 inch table saw, complete with a GE, MADE IN CANADA, 3/4 hp motor. The saw was stuck in a basement with some steep stairs and "they" had measured and "they" couldn't see how to get the saw out. I was told that I could have the saw if my son and I were able to remove it. We removed the two bolts locking the motor to the saw tilter and my son took the motor to the truck, then we walked the saw up the stairs and we were on our way in less than 10 minutes. The saw is going to Merritt where Magic Mike's Father will make good use of it. And the price will be right, free.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Tue May 28, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat May 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Free is always good! I know that he will put it to good use!
Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 28, 2013 9:56 am

"Free is always good! I know that he will put it to good use!"
Lloyd
So, thanks to lbesq, PayPal and the USPS, I should have another Vise Grip, this week, making this number 146. While it wasn't free, the price was good.
Now, I'm going to have to charge you, Lloyd, for my NOS SnapOn dwell/tach. It was free,last week.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 28, 2013 6:19 pm

I just received as a gift from a co-worker, an old Snap-on universal steering wheel puller set. It has a special set-up with a rubber coated fork for pulling the steering wheels that are not drilled and threaded for a normal puller. This looks like the ideal puller for C's, D's, K's, KB's, L's and R's. I will try to photograph it so you can see it.
Bill
KB owner since 1972 and still loving it.
Retired Lineman, mechanic, fabricator, retired motorcycle racer.
South Amherst, Ohio

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu May 30, 2013 8:50 pm

It is a Snap-on CG60R puller set. Got the grunge cleaned off of the box today and got some pics. It has a car model chart in the lid and says from years of 1938 to 1941. This thing is older than I thought. Heck it's older than my trucks.
Bill

This is the set-up for our trucks.
KB owner since 1972 and still loving it.
Retired Lineman, mechanic, fabricator, retired motorcycle racer.
South Amherst, Ohio

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Thu May 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Thanks Bill for sharing with us the photos. That thing is nice.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion