WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

IT ARRIVED TODAY.
I ordered a Mastercool 71,500 from AMAZON.ca when they had the best price by $1300 less than NAPA and hundreds of dollars less than the best other price. At $404 Canadian or $303 USD. I placed my on-line order late on December 4, Amazon shipped on Dec 6 and FEDEX delivered at 16:30h today. I checked the box for two day delivery and it worked. Shipping was free.
This is the best service I have ever experienced. The parcel was shipped from Ontario, Canada to British Columbia.
I will certainly check Amazon first, in the future.
I have had a quick look at this crimp tool and it appears to be high quality. I cannot find the country where it was made anywhere on the tool or the operators manual. So, what could that mean? I will call Mastercool tomorrow.
Attachments
MASTERCOOL 71500.jpg
MASTERCOOL 71500 ac HOSE FITTING CRIMPER.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:58 pm

Amazon is good for a lot of deals. I was needing two 60amp 4 pole twist lock electrical outlets for work to use our power distribution boxes. Grainger had them listed at $860 each not counting the mounting plate. I found the same outlets on Amazon for $116 when I searched for them in the morning, when I went back on later in the day the same outlets were $104. I bought two, checked later on that night and they were up to $175. Now I see they're up over $400 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Hubbell-HBL26420-Hubbellock-Receptacle-Pole/dp/B00NGHBFAI/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1481165796&sr=8-15&keywords=60+amp+hubbell+outlet
1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:01 pm

Granger used to be walk in customer friendly decades ago. I bought a Miller Matic 200, Baldor grinders and shop other supplies from Granger when they were competitively priced for the small shop. There are other shops that will happily take my money.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:38 pm

KSever wrote:Amazon is good for a lot of deals. I was needing two 60amp 4 pole twist lock electrical outlets for work to use our power distribution boxes. Grainger had them listed at $860 each not counting the mounting plate. I found the same outlets on Amazon for $116 when I searched for them in the morning, when I went back on later in the day the same outlets were $104. I bought two, checked later on that night and they were up to $175. Now I see they're up over $400 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Hubbell-HBL26420-Hubbellock-Receptacle-Pole/dp/B00NGHBFAI/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1481165796&sr=8-15&keywords=60+amp+hubbell+outlet

Ebay is excellent for searching electrical if you need breakers. Any type or brand. Home Depot wanted $200 for a 60 amp,, i got two used ones on eBay for $20.00 for my garage.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:59 pm

windigo69 wrote:
KSever wrote:Amazon is good for a lot of deals. I was needing two 60amp 4 pole twist lock electrical outlets for work to use our power distribution boxes. Grainger had them listed at $860 each not counting the mounting plate. I found the same outlets on Amazon for $116 when I searched for them in the morning, when I went back on later in the day the same outlets were $104. I bought two, checked later on that night and they were up to $175. Now I see they're up over $400 on Amazon.

Ebay is excellent for searching electrical if you need breakers. Any type or brand. Home Depot wanted $200 for a 60 amp,, i got two used ones on eBay for $20.00 for my garage.

I use Ebay a lot at home but at work they have Ebay blocked on our employee network. Amazon not so much. Any chat website is blocked also including this one. But I can always use my smart phone though :-)
1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:39 pm

The internet had changed my life in so many ways. I can find that tool and the place that is selling them. Often times in my search for something I find better options. I think the internet has given the consumer more opportunity. At the same time, the overpriced retailer gets left behind in the competition for the consumer dollar. A good example is of big savings was my last tool purchase. I saved over $1300 cdn when I bought on-line.
The big project that is still in my shop is what it has become because of the internet and on-line purchase. Consumer education on the options and competitive pricing on the one side and seller access to the consumer are two things that come to mind.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:45 pm

I got a screaming deal on AMAZON this morning. I ordered a crane hanging scale. I did try some local brick and mortar scale shops before I ordered. The scale shop, about 10 blocks from here, was more than ten times as much money as AMAZON Canada. The local shop thought he might be able to deliver in 10 - 14 days, shipping extra pay in advance.
I want to weigh the components that will make up my son's L110 and then the components that will be my final "R". :t3909:
Attachments
CRANE HANGING SCALE.jpg
up to 1000KG

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Crane scales are very useful. This is the actual weight of my DTA360 engine with starter, alternator, oil, and auto trans flexplate.

DTA360 weight.jpg

1480 lbs. I don't own this scale, but I know where to borrow it.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:49 pm

The frame in the background look very beefy. What is it?
I have a tool addiction and beside that, non of the guys around here have anything I might like to borrow. I don't lend tools to anyone around here and you, Dean, are too far away.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:16 pm

The frame section in the background is from the International 3800 bus that I took the engine from. I was surprised to find that there was not a single rivet in the side frame channels. The crossmembers, spring hangers and motor mounts were all attached with flange bolts and nuts.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion