WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:02 am

Re: WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

Rusty nuts! A friend sent me this link to a video that just may be helpful! Some of you may actually be using this technique, but it's the first time I've seen it.

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/rusnutcankj4
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:41 am

Thanks for sharing..

much has been shared throughout this site and so appreciated.

Be safe

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Cool! That's good to know. First time I've come across that method.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:56 pm

This is not what my first thought would have been if someone had suggested waxing nuts. The word Brazilian comes to mind. I saw it on You Tube.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:39 am

Someone stopped by the shop and refused to leave until I sold my 6.5 litre DURASONIX ultrasonic parts cleaner to them. I have to say this product works really well. My only complaint, it was just a little too small for many of the things I wanted to put in the tank. So, today I bought an much larger model http://durasonix.com/default/30-litre-u ... nless.html
Small nuts and screws fall through the stainless steel wire basket. These small items can be put into a plastic bottle, with a favorite cleaning solution, then placed, in the wire basket then totally submerged in the 30 litre cleaning solution.
This larger unit will be handy for cleaning the BBQ grills and is big enough to handle one or more painters spray guns at the same time.
Now, I can give a good cleaning to all of those antique tools some with a 100 years of built-up hand and finger prints and vintage grease
There may be other and better cleaning solutions, so far, I have had good success with hot water and SIMPLE GREEN I am open to suggestions.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:27 pm

SNAP-ON RETRACTABLE LITE

CRAIGSLIST AGAIN
I was not looking for anything but another good deal. I found a Canadian Made Snap-On retractable light offered for $20. I called then met the seller at the local Chevron to make the exchange. It works as it should. One of the features I like is the detachable trouble light that leaves a standard plug-in on the retractable cord. A few minutes of cleaning with wax and grease remover from PPG and the unit looks like new.
Attachments
SNAP-ON RETRACTABLE LITE 1.jpg
front
SNAP-ON RETRACTABLE LITE 2.jpg
back
back
SNAP-ON RETRACTABLE DETACHABLE LITE.jpg
detachable trouble light

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:47 pm

You are going to have to build a little shed just to keep all the small finds you get! Or, Move to bigger digs! Be Well!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:55 pm

I have to thank bsievers1616 for the inspiration to get my own AC hose crimper. The model I wanted was the MASTERCOOL 71500. This model was $17,000cdn full retail at NAPA and the best other price I could find was $1,000 USD.($1334 CDN). I found and bought one of two 71500 left on Amazon.ca. The price is $403.47 cdn or $302 USD and this included two day free shipping. I had been advertising on Craigslist/tool/wanted for more than a week and there was no response. I am going to leave the wanted advert up on CL and if life goes as it often does, another 71500 Mastercool will become available. That could be stressful.
I am having a mildly difficult time thinking about AC today because snow has been in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow. Well, it is winter and this is Canada.
https://youtu.be/yImLzZafhHk
Attachments
MASTERCOOL 71500.jpg
Master Cool 71500

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:16 pm

I never regretted buying my Atco, I don't think you'll regret the Mastercool. Its nice to be able to put the fitting on AFTER running the hose, makes it much easyer.
Salt Lake City is supposed to drop to 5F by Monday evening when I get there. Still, I don't have to idle, the Maxwell Supercapactor and deep cycle batterys, along with an Espar diesel fired coolant heater and I'll be toasty.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:40 pm

I am hard pressed to think of a tool that I have regrets over buying. I am serious about having the right tool for any task when substituting leaves me feeling uneasy. A near miss might be the vehicle mover dollies, because I find them just a little to difficult to move by myself. I have not tried to move the car again after I "adjusted" the wheel brakes on each dolly. In full off, the brakes were dragging just enough to make a move into a two person event.
Attachments
BEND PAC RANGER WHEEL DOLLIES 3.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion