WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:43 pm

Re: WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

I got this very old vice at a garage sale and it was free. The seller could not figure out how to remove the vice from the old work bench. The vice is designed to be held in place with a single carriage bolt and a big wing-nut under the bench.
A trip through my sandblaster cabinet and a new layer of RUSTOLEUM and the vice looks quite good, if I must say so myself.
Attachments
OLD VISE 4.jpg
OLD VISE 3.jpg
VICE VINTAGE.jpg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:10 pm

That looks good Nikki, I need to pull my vice apart, clean it up, and repaint it.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:46 pm

I like the DYNABRADE brand. A few months ago I bought a Dynabrade 18075, 3 inch long reach cut-off tool. I have used this Dynabrade a few time and I have to say this is the best of the best. While it is possible to spend lots of money for anything Dynabrade, I was lucky a few months ago. While searching for a DYNBRADE 18055 long reach polisher, I saw pricing as high as $961 CDN, so when I saw this one on AMAZON for $61 CDN, I bought it immediately.
Free shipping from Eastern Canada and a promised delivery for next Wednesday turned into an early surprise delivery this morning, two days early. Canada Poste comes through once again.
Attachments
DYNABRADE 15075 - 2.jpg
DYNABRADE 15075.jpg
long reach cut off
DYNABRADE 18055 POLISHER 2.jpg
polisher 2
DYNABRADE 18055 POLISHER 1.jpg
polisher 1

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:49 pm

How did this post get bumped?

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:42 pm

Ghosts? Perhaps Jim is trying some "house keeping".

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:12 pm

I bought new three point seatbelts for my '40 Ford. https://www.julianos.com/Seat-Belts-s/96.htm
The mount point at the seat belt is 12 millimeters. I bought a spiral chucking 14 millimeter reamer to properly enlarge the mounting point hole.
The seatbelts and reamer are MADE IN USA.
The seats are BMW 750. The fasteners are 14mm shoulder bolts.
I do not want to start jabbing a round file in the seatbelt mount and leave stress-risers.
Attachments
seatbelt 14 mm  fastener.jpg
older picture
14 mm reamer receipt.jpg
14 mm reamer 1.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:53 pm

I scan Craigslist several times every day. I caught this little 750 pound treasure 26 minutes after it was posted. It was love at first sight and I made an offer. The seller loaded the machine into my truck, I paid up and I was on my way home.
The machine is a ROPER-WHITNEY-PEXTO box and pan brake for 16 gauge steel. I have always wanted this model brake. Finding and buying a brake like this is difficult and then the asking price can go into four digits, easily. I got a super deal on the brake. I spend more $$$ than this on coffee at McD's in a year.
I do not have the luxury of a forklift, so my son and I will have to do some fancy cherry-picker waltzing to unload the truck. Fortunately, the machine has an eye-bolt just for these situations.
Attachments
BOX AND PAN BRAKE.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:08 pm

That is really cool Nikki. This thread just makes me more and more jealous of your shop.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:37 pm

That's a great find! My last employer had one, though smaller. It's one of those tools that's hard to do without, once you're used to using it.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:03 pm

waltesefalcon wrote:That is really cool Nikki. This thread just makes me more and more jealous of your shop.

The shop is an ongoing self supporting event. I buy, sell and trade tools. I sold a Rockwell grinder and bought the pan brake. And so it goes, ad infinitum.
I am well and truely way past my best before date and retired. So, to keep my head working, I play the game of sell something, buy something better. My Modus operandi is to only buy something that I like and would not mind getting stuck with.
In the very near future I will be selling another toolbox or three. Anyone need a paint mixer? This paint mixer will mix peanut butter with the oil at the top. I have hundreds of wrenches, some over 100 years old. I cannot get to these wrenches without moving a ton of stuff. My favorite is an OLD IHC multitool made of castiron. This wrench looks like a Christmas tree. I may donate all of the Old IHC stuff to an IHC museum in Alberta so a bunch of persons can enjoy seeing them. I do not like other collectors because their routine is to grind on me for a price.
Here is the confession. I have a few resident duds, like a Walker Turner sawblade welder and grinder. This blade welder is about 50 years old and only used one time for a test. My shop reached to no-more-room state years ago, so I am into the juggling mode. All of the machines are on wheels. I pull a machine out and roll lit back when I am finished with it.
Attachments
paint mixer.jpg
random orbital action
WATERLOO $40.jpg
FOR SALE
Walker Turner Bandsaw blade welder 2.jpg
WALKER TURNER
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion