WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:05 am

Re: WHATS IN YOUR TOOL BOX?

I've been watching Ebay...that's $400 and up all day.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:31 pm

New BLICKLE castors for the toolbox. I like four casters so the toolbox can be turned in its own length. These casters are very low rolling resistance. Pulling on a drawer will require two hands or the toolbox will follow and the drawer stays shut. I use five of these casters on my shop wheelchair.
I need to make a soft rubber bumper system for the toolbox to protect the fenders.
The four casters were about $79, the toolbox was $50, total: $129.
Attachments
smapon tool box new casters.jpg
BLICKLE CASTORS
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:47 am

I got this snap box 4 drawer for $15 in decent shape with some loose tools,,nothing exciting but I sold it a few weeks later when i decided I really had no use for it. Vendor had a poor hazy picture posted but something told me it was snapon. Decent deal but not nearly score Nikkinutshop got on the roller cabinet!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:51 pm

That is a nice looking toolbox, Mister windigo69. It that round aluminium cylinder next to the toolbox, an Allison retarder piston?
My $50 Snap-On tool box is Canadian Made BEACH box with the Snap-On livery. Beach made toolboxes for themselves and others like MAC, GREY, Craftsman and Snap-On. There are some "signature" build things that were Beach.
Snap-On command the highest used prices in the domestic toolboxes followed by MAC then Grey.
I have a 48 inch bottom roller case that is Snap-On, it was $40 because of circumstances and possibly the dirtiest tool box I ever brought home. The seller wanted to keep the Snap-On badge, for his collection, and in an instant the box was a Beach. I am filling it with vintage and antique tools. MY cousin's AH husband wants this toolbox. I asked him $250.
I bought a HAZET ASSISTANT https://store.gtrauto.ca/collections/ha ... 1879280897 for $40 from a guy who was empting his storage locker. I sold it later that week for $700. Hazet have the highest used prices, this has been my experience.
I look at Craigslist about every hour or so and even then I often miss those super deals. I have a Craigslist WATERLOO lower roller case next to my desk. It is just OK and not something I would take to a shop situation.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:59 am

I did not know Beach rebadged tool boxes. I got my Beach free 20 years ago, it had been in a service truck and would not fit into the new replacement service vehicle. Yes those are shopping cart casters on tool chest.
I got a Beach tote box for $3.00 the other week thats relatively old,, its green and looks to have never been used. No wear on interior.

[URL=http://s434.photobucket.com/user/windigo69/media/garage%20stuff/IMG_3033_zpsi7ya7z9t.jpg.html]Image

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:59 pm

This is quite the coincidence. I have had that same green toolbox for 50 years. Mine has a Don Garlits Swamp Rat dragster sticker on the lid. It has some vintage BSW wrenches at the moment.
Shopping cart wheels are surprisingly good. The local caster shops sell them and they are priced reasonably. My Miller Synchrowave is one grocery cart style wheels.

EDIT- ADD
Attachments
BEACH TOOLBOX 1.jpg
Life is a Beach
BEACH TOOLBOX 2.jpg
BEACH TOOLBOX3.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:02 pm

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=662&p=51451#p51451

I do not know what has happened with this vehicle position system of wheel lifts. Moving our Ford has become nearly impossible for me, without help. I did call the company who sold these wheel jacks and I am waiting for a response, today, they said. I am looking for a solution rather than a return. The guy across the lane bought a cheap set at Princess Auto and his set rolls easily. http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/2 ... -p8487795e I wanted something much better, so, I paid over $950, with the tax, and I am stuck.
The lifts seem to be of good quality, but the castors are not very good and not from North America. If I give a caster a spin, by hand, it stops in a half turn.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:11 pm

I really like those skates, thought it a pretty slick setup. Too bad the wheels don't roll well. My neighbour has the cheap skates and he says they do not roll as well as my budget skates which I have been using the same set 20 years and usually a vehicle set on them for months on end.....snow ploughs always leave "salvage" in parking lots here.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:56 pm

Mister windigo69, good job. I wish I had made something like your wheel dollies. The company I bought my wheel dollies from, called back and they want to make this work for me.
I built a set of two adjustable axle stands and put them on casters, MADE IN CANADA. there is very little roll resistance in my homemade set.
I did not get out to the shop yesterday, but, I will be out there today trying to find a solution to this situation. I will start with checking for a proper lubrication in the caster "bearings".
Attachments
mobile axle stands.jpg
rolling axle stand 2.jpg
The height is adjusted with .500" pull pins and a series of cross holes.
rolling axle stand.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:43 pm

The solution is a simple one word fix. LUBRICATION. the roller bearings are dry. The wheel brakes are not totally releasing at full off. Adjustment necessary.
Attachments
dry bearings.jpg
Dry bearings
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion