Donald Trump.

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Re: Donald Trump.

Bobby K1 wrote:It took Trump to let Washington know WE ARE SICK of our elected officials looking out for themselves and not their constituents ! They sit there and try to find as many ways to take our money to give to someone else that may vote for them. They fight each other just to win regardless the outcome.

We have the worst system in the world except for all the others. Break up the club of the Good Old Boys..both parties !

The above was posted before the primarys were over, looking today after the fact, with Trump packing the government with the "billionaires boys club" it seams the height of irony. He didn't drain the swamp, but dammed it to make it bigger.
I am sure many who voted for him were looking for a change, and there is little indication that if Billery won there would have been a big change, and I respect that. The problem is in my opinion, we kept the worse attributes, and didn't get any good change. We have people appointed to run departments who's only qualification is they gave lots of money to his campaign. This from a man who was questioning Billery about pay to play? At least the Clinton foundation actually does some good works and doesn't pay fines or buy artwork of the Clintons with the money.
We had terrible choices, and I don't know how the "system" can boil down to two candidates, neither are fit for office?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:39 pm

The Worst Form of Government
'Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…'

Winston S Churchill, 11 November 1947
Too many persons have lost their ability for critical thinking. Was it just out of control religion that doesn't represent the original intent? Some blame the failure of the education system.
I don't understand how a large number of middle class persons could think that voting for a very wealthy person with a reputation of not paying his middle class employees, could or would ever improve their situation.
The president of Mexico just won round one against the great negotiator. If the threatened 20% plus tax is applied to produce and products from Mexico, we the consumer will pay for the wall. $6 for 4 Florida oranges will be less expensive than the imported oranges.
History has shown that walls do not work as intended. The first fable of wall failure is Jericho, the Chinese had a go at building a wall and the Berlin Wall also failed. Walls become challenges, anyway, the Mexicans are the best tunnel builders, ever.
Hang on, it is going to be a rough one. Watch for top-soil in large amounts appearing in a neighbourhood near you. they are down there!
I'm waiting to hear the outcome of the British Prime Minister's visit to the White House. It may not be the best idea to grab her by the pussy.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:20 pm

The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out... without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable. H. L. Mencken
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/auth ... ncken.html

https://youtu.be/F6VndhTTOUk
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:15 pm

I apologize for not keeping up with my reading, if I had, I would have put a stop on this thread about a week or so ago. We have people on this forum with diverse and divergent views both in our chosen vehicles and our politics. POLITICS IS DONE on this Forum. There have been rumblings from both sides and I would just as soon, that those that want a discussion, do so via PM or Email.
Again, this thread is locked as of Today. If you have a problem with this, bring it up to me and I will discuss it with Jim. I will let all posts stand at this time.

Let us keep this a civil place for all to come.

I am LLOYD BLEDSOE and am the admin on this Forum.
Previous

Return to Non-IH discussion