BREAKFAST

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:55 am

Re: BREAKFAST

My regular breakfast: While having a smothered burrito with beans, eggs, bacon, cheese, with red chili or huevos rancheros smothered in chili is an occasional treat my regular breakfast is a lot healthier and surprisingly good. I've named it breakfast bowl and here's how I make it. I dice up one apple usually a Fuji add a small amount of cashews to that. put some shredded coconut in, a small dash of hemp milk, two table spoons of flax oil, a tea spoon of chia seeds, 1/2 or less tea spoon cacao nibs and sprinkle in some cinnamon. Depending on the season I will add blueberries raspberries or blackberries in small amounts. I stir that up and have a breakfast that is, low carb, filling, keeps me going all morning and helps me keep the weight off. The best part for me is it tastes great. If any of you try it experiment with the portions, I'm past the point of measuring when I make it so the above is just an approximation. Also DON'T add sugar, the fruit and berries have more than enough on their own and the idea is have a low carb good breakfast with no added sugar
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:39 pm

My wife makes a really good Sausage n' egg McMuffin. This was my kick start for today. I had two pieces of buttered raisin bread toasted for lunch. Supper is homemade chilli with a crusty baguette from Cobbs.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:39 pm

There was no sleeping in this morning. Our new dog was a tangle of appendages, a wagging tail on one end and a toothless nibble of excitement on the other end. We had to get up. B'fast was one egg scrambled with diced Schinkenspeck, a few pan fried potato slices and two pieces of toast with strawberry jam. The dog ripped through her first meal of the day, went outside and dropped a log and is now sleeping on the couch, upside down.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat May 02, 2020 1:13 pm

We have lots of rhubarb in two gardens. This rhubarb is a hybrid called strawberry rhubarb. It is impossible for us to use rhubarb quickly enough to keep up with this fast growing plant. Our local grocery store is selling out of rhubarb at $5.00 a pound (455 grams). This works out to a dollar a stick.
We gave 10 pounds to my wife's friend yesterday and my English neighbour is picking some, for herself, later today.
A few years ago, I gave two large healthy rhubarb plant to one of the neighbours. I showed him how to split the root-ball and replant. He ended up with 6 rapid growing plants. My daughter came home at 03:00h and this neighbour was in our garden, in his underwear and rubber boots. He had dug up a few plants. My daughter went ballistic on him and she called the police. The police showed up. On my daughter's suggestion, the neighbour put the rhubarb back in the ground and left for home after the police told him he could be charged with several offences.
I had sour dough French Toast this morning. Oh course the topping was a rhubarb compote.
We will be freezing rhubarb for later in the year. It is easy to freeze. We wash and drip dry the stalks then chop into one inch (2.5cm) pieces, bag and freeze. It is just that easy.
Our dessert for later today is a rhubarb and strawberry crisp. Ice-cream or whipped cream topping are the options. Another favorite, here, is rice pudding with a sweet rhubarb topping.
Attachments
RHUBARB PIE.jpg
rhubarb pie

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat May 02, 2020 2:09 pm

rice pudding with a sweet rhubarb topping.

That right there has my attention , sounds terrific..

Rhubarb compote , Oh boy! :)

Thanks very much for sharing - sm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon May 04, 2020 3:18 pm

Back to basics, this morning. I had a bowl of Shreddies with milk and a sliced banana. https://www.postconsumerbrands.ca/brand ... shreddies/
PIZZA HUT had a deal on pizza yesterday. My daughter ordered enough on their two-for offer to last us for several days. The closest Pizza Hut is a five minute drive from here. This shop makes the best pizza of any we have tried. Add 5 minutes and cooking time to the order time and we had a delivery at the door.
The grocery store my wife like to shop has a security guard at the entrance. One customer out and one customer in is the rule. The store has put restrictions on bread, meat and TP. The aisles are marked with 2 meter separation lines. The customers line up for check-out and are called to the first available station.
I doubt that life will return to the way it was before covid19. Our acceptance of crowding is partly to blame for the new rules.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 05, 2020 8:37 am

Ah, pizza! When I lived in Chicago (a pizza town) There was a little pizza shop in my neighborhood. It was owned by a younger man who lived and breathed Pizza. They made the best pizza I have ever found, and often the owner was doing deliveries too. He had so many choices and options.
I hope he is still in business, he most certainly put his heart and soul into his shop.
Friday nights, I would order a pizza, then go down to the local bar for good blues music played live. The only two good things in Chicago!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat May 09, 2020 2:17 pm

One fried egg, two German b'fast sausages, some German fried potatoes, some Bush's beans and a piece of PB&J toast. I am out-of-here.
https://topsecretrecipes.com/bushs-coun ... ecipe.html
Attachments
what-do-you-get-when-you-eat-peanut-butter-and-15083388.png
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Mon May 11, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon May 11, 2020 4:33 pm

My kids bought take away Greek for supper, last night. It was Mother's Day. There were "left-overs" and this made my b'fast. This was a great way to start my day. Now, the dog will not come close to me because she thinks I might blame her for what is happening.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun May 17, 2020 4:43 pm

My wife baked cinnamon buns. I had one for b'fast.
Attachments
CINNAMON ROLLS..jpg
Cinnamon buns.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion