BREAKFAST

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:37 pm

Re: BREAKFAST

I had a pork burrito with triple jalapenos for b'fast. To make sure it was hot enough, I spread two tablespoons of Sriracha sauce over the burrito. MMM Good. I feel totally energised. I could climb a wall or dig a tunnel.

https://sriracha2go.com/products/sriracha-9oz
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:21 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I had a pork burrito with triple jalapenos for b'fast. To make sure it was hot enough, I spread two tablespoons of Sriracha sauce over the burrito. MMM Good. I feel totally energised. I could climb a wall or dig a tunnel.

https://sriracha2go.com/products/sriracha-9oz

Hey Nikki, that sounds delicious! You ever get down this way New Mexico has some of the best Spanish food in the world. My favorite breakfast's are huevos rancheros and also a smothered breakfast burrito both can be ordered with locally grown red or green chili. If you want to mix the two the term is ""Christmas Tree'' and then they'll put both mole's on it. I'm a gringo who's been down here for 30 years and I learned to love the food as much as the weather. Es muy bueno!
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:43 pm

Cornpops and almond milk with a side of fired scrapple.
Yum!
https://www.loavesanddishes.net/how-to-cook-scrapple/

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:53 pm

I make eggs at home, usually sunny-side up with toast.muffin.bagel to break the yolks. I like to add onion and mushroom, maybe potato, drifting away from meats in the morning.

One of our local breakfast spots is run by a Mexican family, I get the Country Burrito at Joe's, a giant tortilla filed with scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, onions, mushrooms, then covered in sausage gravy. Real peppery. And, they have a secret house "Mexican catsup", their spiciest hot sauce, mmmm. I have to be really hungry to get it all in, or eat half and bring the rest home for lunch.

My wife has issues with breakfast "smells" and rarely eats anything in the morning. I was always the go-to parent when the kids were little, they all loved to cook "moon eggs" or "pampakes".

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:54 pm

Mike, this isn't breakfast related but have you ever been down to San Antonio NM and had a green chili cheeseburger at the Owl?
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:01 pm

waltesefalcon wrote:Mike, this isn't breakfast related but have you ever been down to San Antonio NM and had a green chili cheeseburger at the Owl?

Short answer yes! Their food is great and nice people run it.

Long answer I live 40 miles from there across the valley but pass through Tres Piedras and the mountain area a lot. One summer years back when I was still a building contractor I built a large custom log home for a client 3/4's of the way up the side of San Antonio Mtn. You ever get down this way we'll have to have lunch there.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:28 pm

I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:57 pm

OOPS! Looks like I'm several hundred miles north of that San Antonio. That's the thing about New Mexico many of the places here have the same name. In my area alone there are three different places named El Rito' . When I moved here 30 years ago the nearby town had a lot of streets and roads with no names. If you needed directions to somewhere a local would say "ah you know, it's over by Jimmy Choofies place but you gotta go past Chinee's house first''. We have street signs now but we all pretty much ignore them those are for the tourists.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:11 pm

Mike, you live just a little ways south of where I used to live in Crestone, CO, it's just on the north side of the Great Sand Dunes National Park. We would go down to the grocery store in Alamosa once a month to stock up. We moved from there a little over thirty years ago so we completely missed each other.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:56 pm

waltesefalcon wrote:Mike, you live just a little ways south of where I used to live in Crestone, CO, it's just on the north side of the Great Sand Dunes National Park. We would go down to the grocery store in Alamosa once a month to stock up. We moved from there a little over thirty years ago so we completely missed each other.

This is an interesting bit of coincidences! I know Crestone quite well. Both my wife and I go there now and then and we've spent a few overnight's in the Baca. I don't know what it was like 30 plus years ago but now the emphasis is a spiritual one and many of the worlds major religions are located there. Nestled up against the mountains it one of Colorado's nicer unspoiled towns and not over run with people like a lot of the ski towns are. I live outside of Taos and go up to Alamosa every so often to get parts for my tractor or go to the junk yard there that has some L, R, and S trucks that I pick parts off . I also learned that back in the day Fort Garland had an IHC dealership so there's more old Binders up in the Valley that way then down where I am as there were only Fords and Chevy's that were sold down around Santa Fe.
It's nice hearing from someone on the board that knows the area well!
56 S120 4x4,
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion