BREAKFAST

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:17 am

Re: BREAKFAST

I usually eat my breakfast once I get to work around 7:00. It consists of a cup of coffee and a Nature Valley granola bar. On the weekends though I'll make breakfast for my daughter and my oldest son (if he is around), I will make pancakes, or biscuits and gravy, or eggs, bacon, and toast, or French Toast, etc. On Sundays when my daughter is at her mom's and if my son isn't around I will often take a lady friend of mine to a local greasy spoon and grab an omelet or maybe a nice thick ham steak with some eggs, always with a cup of coffee. When I don't go out on Sunday mornings I'll usually just make a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:01 pm

My favorite b'fast is a home version of the McD's McMuffin. I do an egg on a slice of ham in a Crab-It in the microwave. This goes on toast. I put ketchup on the one toast and blacken the egg with fresh ground pepper. On goes a slice of processed cheese covers the egg and that id my start to today. I found a serving of deep brown beans in the fridge to go with the sandwich. Call me danger man.
https://youtu.be/TsqbxwQLeEE
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:36 pm

I added habanero sauce to me breakfast sandwich, this morning. I figured 20 or shakes would be about right. OMG that was good. :oops:
Attachments
HABANERO.jpg
A hot start

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:54 pm

Breakfast this morning. So good.
Attachments
BREAKFAST APR 2021.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:44 pm

Today was the first day that I went out to eat brunch since December 12, 2019.
I met an old friend. We have been friends since 1967. Getting out was a struggle, but worth the effort.
I had, Classic Benedict. English muffin topped with thick-cut back bacon, two poached eggs & hollandaise. Endless smash drown potatoes.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:54 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:Today was the first day that I went out to eat brunch since December 12, 2019.
I met an old friend. We have been friends since 1967. Getting out was a struggle, but worth the effort.
I had, Classic Benedict. English muffin topped with thick-cut back bacon, two poached eggs & hollandaise. Endless smash drown potatoes.

Now that does sound rather delicious. Glad you can start to get out. Luke

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:28 am

We ran out of pancake mix early this summer, and I have been experimenting with making them from scratch, with poor results. My Wife found a 2lb. bag of Carbon Malted Pancake and Waffle mix, in a cart full of bags for clearance/discontinued sale, for only $4.00US. I made up a batch of cakes this morning, and sent her back to the store with an extra $20 for tenure pounds. MMMMMM, best pancakes ever! Something about the malted flour is just my favorite, barely need any syrup.

The Carbon brand was once milled at a small mill in a little river town about 20 miles from me, bought out by a big competitor by now, no doubt. Still high quality.

Two plate-sized pancakes and two sunny-side-up duck eggs for color should keep me fed until supper!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:06 pm

We had Sushi left over from last night and this became my b'fast. This included some Miso soup and lots of rice.
We like to have pancakes. We scratch make them and add some malt and real vanilla extract to the mix. Rather than water or milk we use buttermilk. For a slight change, my daughter made crepes two days ago.
I prefer corn bread or pancakes. Here in Canada, corn bread is known as Johnny Cake. We had Belgian Waffles, last Saturday.
My all time favorite b'fast is https://houseofnasheats.com/aebleskiver ... -pancakes/ My mother was Danish and she made these Aebleskiver often. I have an antique JOTUL cast iron pan for making aebelskiver.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:52 am

This rig has frequented some outstanding breakfast cafes
on the road to the river.. Had biscuits smothered in good gravy and country fired crispy steak and eggs
again this morning.
The old truck, aka Harvey has auto pilot set in the direction of good food every morning..
Sweet Surrender Cafe in Ririe, Idaho is one great spot to stop and eat with great conversation from
my farmer friends...
Last edited by Harvey on Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:59 pm

This is not the for sale section. There is a specific forum for these ads.
1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion