BREAKFAST

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:21 pm

Re: BREAKFAST

Kool Aid......mmm yum! Sounds lovely that does....not.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:56 am

Yesterda b'fast was Kelloggs Cornflakes with blue berries followed by toast with peanut butter and Saskatoon berry jam. Coffee and a piece of Balderson cheddar cheese complimented the toast.
This morning I am going out early. B'fast at Golden Arches fits.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:16 pm

Your breakfast sounds amazing. I have to be honest when i was driving the route 66 earlier in the year i had some cool breakfasts then.......i even had steak for breakfast once, that was a first. I put a bit of weight on to that holiday.

Here's a cool fact you may or may not know, in England we have pancake day. Everyone eats pan cakes that day, apart from that day nobody really eats them....unless its just our house hold that doesn't. Kinda funny though, we don't do the whole strawberry's, blueberry's cream and all that sort of stuff. We have sugar or lemon juice.... I know rock 'n' roll a. Luke

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:13 pm

I was enjoying my sausage and egg McMuffin and a coffee in peace and quiet. Pedestrian and car traffic was very busy this morning. A man, pushing a kid in a stroller, came out of London Drugs. He let go of the stroller handle and the stroller took off and came to rest in the side of a Toyota that had stopped at the crosswalk. The stroller guy got all upset and was yelling at the Toyota driver. Moments later a 500 pound female person, in Spandex, passed by my truck. She had two corn-brooms in each hand. My first thought was 4X4.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:43 pm

harvester60 wrote:Your breakfast sounds amazing. I have to be honest when i was driving the route 66 earlier in the year i had some cool breakfasts then.......i even had steak for breakfast once, that was a first. I put a bit of weight on to that holiday.

Here's a cool fact you may or may not know, in England we have pancake day. Everyone eats pan cakes that day, apart from that day nobody really eats them....unless its just our house hold that doesn't. Kinda funny though, we don't do the whole strawberry's, blueberry's cream and all that sort of stuff. We have sugar or lemon juice.... I know rock 'n' roll a. Luke

You mean Shrove Tuesday? Pancakes was traditional Feb 13th where I grew up in a WASP community. Around here in the north its Finncakes. They are more like a crepe.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:55 pm

[quoteYou mean Shrove Tuesday? Pancakes was traditional Feb 13th where I grew up in a WASP community. Around here in the north its Finncakes. They are more like a crepe.[/quote]

Yes, shrove Tuesday. I know its a day in February, but i could not tell you when. I thinks it the day before Ash Wednesday, which is the start of Lent. I remember as a child i had to give up sweets for 40 days.....that was a long 40 days.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Just for change, this morning, I decided to give Tim's chive and cheese with sausage bagel a try. The b'fast sandwich was soggy and the piece of sausage was close to see-through. Unusual for Tim's, the dark roast coffee was just warm.
I often have b'fast out when my wife is out on a consulting job. This morning was one of those days.
The girls are much more attractive at McD's and the sausage and egg McMuffin is so much better and never soggy.
Thursday mornings at 10:00 am there is an impromptu gathering of retired guys from where I worked. The driving time from here to a McD's, up The Valley, is 45 minutes if all goes well. Easy driving traffic is a distant memory on The Lower Mainland, so I count on driving an hour, plus, each way.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:25 pm

Wow, that must take nearly half the day to have breakfast, but its nice you get to catch up with the olde work guys.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:09 pm

I did not go for b'fast with the boyz yesterday, but next Thursday is a possibility.
B'fast was at home this morning. My wife makes a very good b'fast that is similar to the White Spot's Nat's Hearty Breakfast. Yum!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:08 pm

I just finished b'fast at McDonald's 5 minutes ago. I'm enjoying my coffee before I go out into the rain. The nicest legs I have ever seen just walked in ordered and sat down.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion