BREAKFAST

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:38 pm

Re: BREAKFAST

I had a NY Steak and an egg this morning. On the side, I had a few roasted potato nuggets. I do not do this big b'fast thing very often. This is the first in probably 5 year. It was good, but, a McD's sausage and egg McMuffin makes me just as happy.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:56 pm

BREAKFAST OUTDOORS

Fresh caught Idaho trout with bacon & eggs over easy with a biscuit and coffee
all enjoyed at stream side ..
Nothing better !

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:27 pm

I went to the yearly 4H fundraiser breakfast this morning. Pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, country style hash browns, and orange juice. It was okay but not great, but at least the money went to a good cause. 8-)
1936 International C40
1962 Triumph TR4
2002 Chevy Avalanche

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:16 pm

I have been to a few of those fund raiser b'fast events. I always think someone was a little heavy-handed with the salt and if there is any pepper, I don't detect it. I carry "emergency" supplies of black pepper and some catsup prints in my truck. I have a small squeeze bottle of Siracha sauce, in the truck. Pepper sauce or a heavy covering of black pepper will fix just about anything I encounter.
This morning, I had two slices of Canadian Back Bacon, two Costco b'fast sausages, a few grilled cherry tomatoes and 6 roasted nugget potatoes. Two pieces of toasted light rye with PB&J, one large coffee and I am good until supper time.
Attachments
Diet toast from Cobs.jpg
Diet toast.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:40 pm

Wow, I can't get over the incredible breakfasts people have. If I have b'fast it's usually just a glass of almond milk or toast with peanut butter. I guess that's what living alone does to one's culinary endeavors.

But once a week the company I work for takes everyone out to breakfast or lunch (it's nice to be paid to go out and eat). My favorite restaurant is called "The Auction Yard". They have great food, and lots of it. My favorite there is an omelette that covers most of a large plate, with hash brown potatoes and toast. And yes, next door to the restaurant they really do regularly auction off cattle.

But now, because of the corona-virus law, (there are 15 of us and the law says no more than 10 can congregate together), I don't know what the company plans to do for our weekly company restaurant breakfast meals.
Steve
Last edited by overdriveSteve on Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:01 pm

This is how I started my day today
Steak with Extra Crispy Potatoes, Spinach and Eggs with a cup of fresh ground coffee.
Breakfast of champions :)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:33 pm

I had raisin toast with PB and coffee this morning. :moon1: It is one of those days.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:37 pm

I have been eating pretty well breakfast and lunch this past week. The hotel/resort is closed and the Chef is trying to get rid of all the food that will expire. Not knowing when the hotel will reopen it's about everything in the walk in coolers. There's not many of us left employed... 4 out of 17 Engineers in my department and a few Directors from other departments.
1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:36 pm

I had a mix of Corn Pops and Cornflakes over a sliced banana and 1% milk. After an hour I had a single slice of rasin toast with butter and grape jelly. See you at supper.
Speaking of supper, my wife and daughter ordered Chinese delivery. It should be her any minute. I will not be going out and about for the for the next while.
The restaurant has free delivery within 3 kilometers. Google says we are 2.9 K.
All of my favorite restaurants are closed. Chinese takeout is just as good delivered as it is in sit-down. I asked for ginger beef and broccoli. We each get to pick our favorite. This makes four options.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:47 pm

There is a Chinese place (actually I don't know their "ethnicity" and don't care) in walking distance from a Billings Truckstop, The recognize me by my order, hey I like what I like. The also operate a dining room, which the last time I was through, was empty.
If I have to go to Great Falls again, I hope they are still open.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion