BREAKFAST

Just keep it clean please....

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Re: BREAKFAST

I'm with VW Jake during the work week I get a bowl of cereal maybe with some dried fruit. On the weekend its eggs over easy bacon and some toast. Of course my wife would like an omelet "if it's no trouble since" I'm doing the cooking.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm

Well, maybe it was not breakfast, but it sure tasted good with roasted chicken and "the fixins". The truth is, I had two of these rewards for a great day in the shop.
Attachments
IPA.jpg
Canadian octane booster
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Today was b'fast with the boyz at McD's in Cloverdale. It is an every Thursday event for the living retired to get together and feel better because, "I don"t look as bad as............" One of the company welders brought his little hotrod truck to b'fast. I would prefer to see a Ford in a Ford, but I have to admit a SBC looks and fits not too bad. SBC valve covers with FORD engraved on them, nice touch.
Attachments
Walts Ford.jpg
Walts Ford 2.jpg

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:00 am

I've been a student of health topics for quite some time and know a lot more about that than truck mechanics(as my questions have demonstrated). So I just wanted to respectfully point out to CarbKing that egg-beaters are probably much more dangerous to your health than real eggs. Anything processed is a poor imitation of the natural product it means to replace. The cholesterol causes heart disease theory was long ago debunked. As Michael Polin has said, Don't eat anything your great grandmother wouldn't recognize as food.
http://realfoodliz.com/realeggswin/

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:59 am

My mother's mother was 98 when she died in 1970. She started her days with bacon and eggs, home made bread, boiled Nabob coffee and dairy from her hand milked cows. My brother and I turned the crank on the cream separator and worked the Medalta hand butter churn. We had home made crabapple jelly from Grama's trees. The McCall's peanut butter came in cans.
There was a local guy making flour and some cereals. For a treat we would have Sunny Boy or Red River boiled cereals at b'fast with some milasses and cream on the top.
My brother and I drank Grandma' s coffee before we were old enough to go to school . Our school lunch buckets were empty lard cans that came with swinging handles.
Grandma made her own soaps and our school lunchs.
Grandma was our foster mother for more than a few years. Where was our mother, you might wonder,? Let's just say, she was being held in a secure facility.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:54 pm

https://youtu.be/Uz5dp7b9mwI

This was one of my favorite breakfasts. I used to make this up, when I was single, and have left-overs for a few days.
https://youtu.be/kyxEFj7bgHI
This is really easy and I do it often. My wife leaves for a month in Germany, soon, and I will be back in the kitchen, soon enough.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:53 pm

Nikki, do you make breakfast as nicely as car parts?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:57 pm

My wife does most of the cooking now that she is retired. She and I always try to make the first meal of the day special and interesting. We have Cheerios with fresh fruit less often than something cooked. Our kitchen is a 60 / 40 cross between domestic and commercial. I bought a proper hard rock maple chopping block. It is 40 inches square and 18 inches deep. At first, I was questioned about my purchase, but the block has become a well used favorite.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:57 pm

Well, it is not breakfast, but this is what I made for supper tonight. I made enough for my son and I to have an extra meal, maybe tomorrow. What I have in the oven looks just like the YouTube video. This was so easy to prep. I used one large roaster to mix everything rather than adding a large mixing bowl since I am doing the dishes for another week.
I bought crusty rolls and some fancy loaves from TERRA BREADS. I make a really good Star Anise spiced bread but that will be for another day.
https://youtu.be/5EKw4k8hkHA

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:35 pm

That looks delicious!

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion