BREAKFAST

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: BREAKFAST

OK that is all I had to hear. SOLD1 SOLD, SOLD. Blacken it with pepper and don't talk to me.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:48 am

My wife makes sausage gravy occasionally., not often enough...says its unhealthy as she pours me a glass of kefir for breakfast.. You can definitely make a better sausage gravy at home than is served in most restaurants as you have control of the MEAT! Many restaurants serve up some powdered generic gravy that is faintly resembles the real stuff.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:37 am

I enjoy a spinach, cheese, roasted green chile omelet most mornings and on weekends, whip up some whole grain waffles. I do love eggs benedict when going out for breakfast since it's too labor intensive for making at home.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:42 pm

My wife went to the Happy Endings Spa this morning, so I was left to make b'fast for myself. A few weeks ago, I bought some German Schinkenspeck at a local German Meat Shop. this stuff is so good. I cut about 300 grams off the original 1kg chunk with our power slicer. I saved 4 thin slices which went into a CORNING GRAB-IT, around the sides and bottom. Next, one thin sliced scallion, one piece of celery thin sliced and then topped by two beaten eggs. Lid on and into the microwave for two minutes on high. the whole thingee thickens up into a handy round lump that fits between two slices of toasted whole grain toast, mayonnaise on one slice and ketchup on the other. One cup of home-made Starbucks coffee, chased by my meds and I am good for the day. Plain whit bread works equally as well, but the whole grain makes me want to hug a tree and be nice to someone. Well, that last be nice thing might be stretching it just a little. Anyway, do what you like. You are the master of your disaster.
The other half and her older sisty-ugler are going to Alaska later this week so I will be on my own with the good stuff for 7 days. Tomorrow, I am going to make a Dutch Baby, with Schinkenspeck on the side, of course. And as always, ENJOY

https://youtu.be/kyxEFj7bgHI

http://www.recipetips.com/glossary-term ... nspeck.asp

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:16 pm

We are having a nostalgia breakfast this morning. Way back in the dark daze of my youth, we used to have Sunny Boy cooked breakfast. http://sunnyboyfoods.com/ I have mentioned Sunny Boy a few times over the years. My wife was shopping at Buy Low Foods and she found Sunny Boy. Her little twist is to make it with milk instead of water.
Sunny Boy about as Western Canadian as it can get. Camrose, Alberta appears to have been the home town, to Sunny Boy, since the beginning of production.
My wife is into a baking mode. Two days ago, she made cinnamon buns that grew to over two inches tall. Later today, she is going to make home-made pizza. This is not our first pizza build. We used to do it for fun and this time we are doing it for savings. The last time we ordered in pizza from our favorite local, Boston Pizza, two large pizzas, delivered was $58. We think BP is the best pizza in the Lower Mainland. Our dough for the crust will be home-made and have a few custom twists like onion and garlic powder and possibly oregano.
I knew Jim Treliving, the owner of Boston Pizza, way back in the mid 1960s, in Alberta.
Watch for the pictures of our supper.
BTW, I still have biscuits and gravy on my bucket list. I will probably be making this treat at home whilst using Waltesefalcon's suggestions for the ingredients.
Attachments
cinnamon buns.jpg
CINNAMON BUNS

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Those Look Great! Biscuits and Gravy, one of my favorite meals, most any time of the Day!

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:50 pm

You guys just ruined my day!

For me:

Decaf coffee, black, no cream, no sugar
Egg-beaters
Veggie bacon

Of course, I can still dream of sausage gravy w/homemade biscuits, eggs over medium, toast with real butter and strawberry jelly; but that's all it is, a dream.

But you guys enjoy.

Jon.
Good carburetion is fuelish hot air!

If you truly believe one size fits all, try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner, The Carburetor Shop in Missouri

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:29 pm

I am sure that if I went to the Dr. he would probably put me on something similar to you, but, I am stubborn. I take my Blood Pressure medicine and leave it at that for now. Yes, I know, I should go get the full check up.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:41 pm

lbesq wrote:I am sure that if I went to the Dr. he would probably put me on something similar to you, but, I am stubborn. I take my Blood Pressure medicine and leave it at that for now. Yes, I know, I should go get the full check up.

By all means, do have the full check up. In my case, several years ago I went in for a tune-up, and came out with three sleeved cylinders!!! But the check up might reveal perfection, in which case you could have a double order of the biscuits and gravy! ;)

Actually, I still do enjoy an omelet occasionally, but they are now made with egg-beaters. One can make a very tasteful omelet with egg-beaters, veggie bacon, veggie cheese, onions, peppers, and mushrooms.

Jon.
Good carburetion is fuelish hot air!

If you truly believe one size fits all, try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner, The Carburetor Shop in Missouri

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:32 pm

I also have dietary restrictions. I am on a strictly sea food diet. Well, really see-food. I see food and eat it. I am blessed with low blood pressure, low cholesterol, and nothing really wrong with me. At 63 I weigh the same is I did 30 years ago. So, I eat what I want when I want it.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion