BREAKFAST

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:44 pm

Re: BREAKFAST

These cans of goodness were on sale for a buck each, today. I like having bangers and beans for my b'fast. I like to "air-start" my day and share the good times over the day. So, b'fast is the time to inject some goodness.
Attachments
best b'fst.jpg
BEANS.jpg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:18 pm

My daughter cooked for a church kids camp the last few summers. She pre-made some cinnamon rolls and froze the dough gobs. Well, no camp this summer, so my Covid bonus is Dad gets to polish off the delicious treats himself. I took the last Ziplock out last week, but they must have been freezer burned- no rising at all. Unleavened cinnamon rolls would easily double communion attendance!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:21 pm

We had http://cockneykings.ca/ fish and chips for supper last night. The portions are large. The chips were sent in a separate news-print wrapper. There was more than 50% left over. I had my second piece of fish, a bunch of chips (aka fries) and some coleslaw for b'fast. 21055
Cockney Kings have the best restaurant gravy I have ever had. The portions were large, so, my supper, this evening, will be fries with gravy, coleslaw and a left-over porkchop. I am looking forward to this in about 2 hours. BTW, the mushy peas were fantastic. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/50281/mushy-peas-i/

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:48 pm

So, I ask tell my wife, "I do not remember what I had for breakfast." She tells me, "Check the front of your shirt." and calmly leaves the room. My shirt suggests I might have had something with ketchup. I could hear her calling from the front door, "I found your keys in the fridge, again." The keys were really cold and I discovered I have a hole in my pocket. Does this qualify as a "cold start"?
For supper we are having a rolled pork roast with apples and prunes in the roll-up. Yellow potatoes with yam and broccoli. BTW, b'fast was a ham and egg sandwich with a slice of cheese. There was a potato patty on the side. I hope that is mayonnaise on my shirt. Now I remember the ketchup, but mayonnaise??? I am not so sure. 21462
Attachments
CUMMINS COFFEE1.jpg
Coffee.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:27 pm

We had Thai take-away for supper. There will be left-overs for my breakfast. So good. This is our third order from this place.
https://www.twinklethai.com/
Attachments
Thai take away.jpg
THAI

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:10 am

I like Asian cooking, but the spicyer Thai and Vietnamize dishes don't agree with me. I haven't been brave enough to try Korean "kimchi" when I saw it on the menu.
One Asian place stayed open for take out to feed the truckers when every other place was closed, I give them my business when I can and always buy enough to have left overs for breakfast.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:47 pm

The capsaicin in some spicy foods can irritate the lining of the stomach or intestines, which may have a laxative effect in some people as the meal makes its way through their digestive system.
I understand where you might have difficulty driving with your legs crossed.
Because flatulence is partly composed of flammable gases like methane and hydrogen, it can be briefly set on fire.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:37 pm

Tried the "Mushy Peas" the other night for supper with a pork roast done in the crock pot and fried potatoes, mighty tasty!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:14 pm

I was just gifted two jars of Red Pepper Jelly from a local cottage industry. This stuff is really on fire and ever so good. I tried the jelly with peanut butter on toast. OMG 22830
https://www.shopnorthvancouver.com/hone ... ycatering/?
Attachments
red pepper jelly.jpg
Red pepper jelly

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:00 pm

https://www.hormel.ca/brands/stagg-chili/
If anyone has not tried this product, they are missing out on a real treat.
So, I said to myself, and my wife heard me talking, "Why not have this for breakfast?" I had STAGG chili this morning.
I should be entertaining for the rest of the day. I know the dog will be impressed.
Another really good brand is https://bushbeans.com/en_US.
My wife makes a really great chili. She keeps a these other chilis on hand, also.
I saw this on the HORMEL home page, they also make SPAM. I do not remember eating SPAM since I was in my teams. I have heard many SPAM jokes.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion