my "downer" day

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:05 pm

my "downer" day

I started the morning ok and then I realised that A) I had to pay my annual water/sewer bill of $400++. I also had to renew my business liscence that over the last few years has more than doubled. B) I'm on a 2-day work shortage at my mill. C) our line of credit has slipped behind .D) My Mayor and his staff all got raises. E) I'm 59-something and owe $150 G on my house which last year was assesssed at $220G and this year only $190G. F) my renovations are stagnant waiting on $$$$. I can't sell till finish the 'bath/kitchen. (at least with downsizing I may be able to dump this white elephant called our basic family home--and buy a cheap trailer with whatever's left.) G) in a steady good year I may make $40G

the list could get longer. Is it just me, or are there many more of us in the same boat? If your situation is better than this, you must be thankful.
Now that I've vented, I feel strangely better. Debt sucks, and not even the people ,living off of the dumps have debt, but,..and this is the THING! I am still warm, well-fed (too well, really). I sleep on a sealy posturepedic, My wife loves me through this depressing day, My kids, who don't feel the debt like I do have a place to call home. I own an IHC truck with a recently damaged tailgate, but otherwise really good, I'm typing to my friends on a pocketbook acer. the list could go on. I'm blessed, and now feel a bit better. I hope this mixed up note finds you in better circumstances, and thankful for such. Manny,...havin' a moment

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Re: my "downer" day

Can relate Manny. Will not detail the last 4+ years, but from remodeling the house and paying for it all with cash(That was a Good Dry Cleaning year, Lost 2nd wife, Bad Dry Cleaning yrs(down to one location from 4) Lost remodeled house(BofA is Evil Bank) Remarried, retired(whoope, $450.00per month) and all in all happy that I am Alive and have my Family. OH, and preparing for what may come in the next few years. I REMEMBER my oath that I took when joining the Military. I will defend the Constitution, and MY country.

lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:32 pm

Re: my "downer" day

Brother,...You and I do understand each other! there is an inherant comfort in mutual understanding. understand this as well: despite all of the ugly experience, we are still blessed. That truth keeps me sane. We just have to look around, instead of at ourselves. I rarely get depressed anymore, but today was a throwback, for a few hours, anyway, till I gave my head a shake. Manny

Return to Non-IH discussion