SECOND HAND STORE FIND

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:05 pm

CRAIGSLIST

Craigslist to the rescue, again. I have been looking for a suitable ramp system to install near the basement door. There are some obstacles to easily rolling anything in and out of the basement. A proper folding ramp will make moving the rototiller, the lawnmower and an occasional tool box into and out of the basement much easier. I will have to redesign the mounting base so the folded ramp can rotate to one side and out of the way. This ramp is rated at just over 1500 kg.
Attachments
RAMP 6.jpg
RAMP 6.jpg (23.59 KiB) Viewed 4893 times
RAMP 4.jpg
RAMP 3.jpg
RAMP 2.jpg
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: SECOND HAND STORE FIND

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/tls ... 81794.html
I have not picked this vintage set up, yet. This is for you Monsonmotors.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:06 pm

CRAIGSLIST

I was cruising Craigslist after lunch and I found this just posted welded steel Job Box. The seller was asking $100. He said he had just closed his laptop when I called. The seller lives about 5 blocks from "here."
So, why a big job-box. I have been actively looking for one like this for the back patio. My wife's recycling will go into job-box and prevent the wild animals from making a mess. Out-of-sight-out-of-mind.
As soon as the shop is clear, I will hit the box with a Hutchins RO sander and spray a coat of grey Tremclad on the box. We have an outdoor cushion that should fit the top of the box.
Attachments
JOB BOX  24FRON TO BACK 48 WIDE 27 HIGH.jpg
Job-Box

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:25 pm

I got a screaming deal on this stainless steel toolbox, today. I substituted the new to me stainless box for a smaller WATERLOO. Twelve drawers is a big improvement over three drawers and a bottom opening. There are four empty drawers.
An IHC Collectors fridge magnet sticks to the "stainless steel". So what does that mean?
I have a nice lightly used WATERLOO toolbox that could make someone happy or give someone buyer's remorse.
Attachments
stainless steel toolbox pop supply.jpg
REFRESHMENTS
STAINLESS STEEL TOOLBOX AND THE GOOD BOOKS.jpg
THE "GOOD BOOK"
STAINLESS STEEL TOOLBOX.jpg
STAINLESS TOOLBOX

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:34 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:
An IHC Collectors fridge magnet sticks to the "stainless steel". So what does that mean?

Not much, there are different formulations of Stainless, austenitic and non-austenitic stainless, one is magnetic and one is not. Don't ask me which is which, I don't remember. It depends on the chrome and nickel content of the steel.
P.S. my uncle ran the "corrosion lab" at US Steel and later at the U of M in Minneapolis, Just stuff I picked up around the Thanksgiving dinner table.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:38 pm

The Myford Super 7 lathe that I bought in July sold this afternoon. This was a complete surprise to me as I had not advertised the lathe for sale. I was still in bed when I got a phone-call and the person said they heard I had a Super 7 and they would like to see the lathe with the intention of buying it. He bought the lathe and he liked a Made in Canada Waterloo Toolbox and he took it home also.
The guy who bought the Myford is a real gentleman and the right person for that lathe. He absolutely loves restoration work. Under the dried oil and sawdust there is a really good lathe with very few hours of use. I am very pleased this person has the Myford. If I had not liked him, he could not have convinced me to sell the Super 7 to him.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:49 pm

Sounds like if found a good home, and just a bit more space in the shop. Keep this up and there might be enough room for more than two people at a time.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:50 pm

I may have to build an outside office like Lloyd's to make more room in the shop. It also will be limited to two at one time.
Attachments
Gramma's outhouse.jpg
Lloyd's office

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:12 pm

This mint STARRETT caliper appeared on Craigslist yesterday afternoon, I called immediately. Earlier today I went for a truck ride in the country, met the seller at his oh so beautiful home and bought the Vernier Caliper. The seller's asking price of $50 was way too low, but, he was pleased to see the tool go to another good home. The seller is a gentleman with an interesting life story of over 83 charmed years. We talked for over an hour, 59 minutes of that hour, I was listening intently. Part of his interesting career was with the American Space program, he was one of the engineers. At some point this guy was awarded a Doctor's Degree for outstanding achievement in engineering. We became friends and agreed to a coffee meet-up in the near future.
Attachments
STARRETT 120-6.jpg
Six inch STARRETT caliper
STARRETT 120 6 2.jpg

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:55 pm

I love it when that happens. There are so many interesting people out there. I just met one of them in Nass Camp B.C. and had a phone conversation with him this evening, priceless!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion