SECOND HAND STORE FIND

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:36 am

Re: SECOND HAND STORE FIND

I'm going to mount a BALDOR Grinder on this monitor arm. The grinder can be pulled out from the wall and returned to out of the way. I have a friend in used office furniture business. She calls when one of these arms is available. After a few modifications, as required, we sell some of the repurposed units.
We took this idea to another level and built a much larger and heavier duty arm for a MILLER SPECTRUM 300. The wall bracket is extra strong so it can hold when the arm is extended, about 30 inches ±.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:25 am

I've looked at those arms, too, and wondered how I could make use of them. Thanks for the ideas. :m03104:
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:26 pm

I have an old secretary's desk for 2 of my tool boxes to set on, then I use the drawers for storage. On the left side is a type writer retractable shelf behind a door. You open the door, pull out the shelf and it cantilevers upward and locks in place. I have my bench grinder mounted on it, when I am done with it, I trip the release on the lock for it and it swings down and out of the way, close the door and you never know I had a bench grinder.
Bill
KB owner since 1972 and still loving it.
Retired Lineman, mechanic, fabricator, retired motorcycle racer.
South Amherst, Ohio

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:46 pm

that is a very good idea. Good thinking.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:20 am

I won the bidding on eBay for a Beugler pinstripe kit. It is new and the winning bid was abut half price. I have to say USPS has the best service. From when I was told I had won, paid with Pay Pal and USPS delivered the Beugler, it was under 48 hours. Super Service.
Don't leave anything parked near my shop, it may get striped.
Attachments
BEUGLER BOX.jpg
BEUGLER PRO KIT.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:50 pm

I saw that demonstrated at a Good-Guys show in Charlotte, looked like it was easy to use.
Bill
KB owner since 1972 and still loving it.
Retired Lineman, mechanic, fabricator, retired motorcycle racer.
South Amherst, Ohio

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:16 pm

These BEUGLER STRIPERS are every bit as easy to use as the demonstration. I used to do some of this stuff and I never thought I was all that good at it even though I got some compliments. I suppose one should take the pat on the back and not question the source.
I have included a picture of another series of pin striping tool that we used to get at SEARS, in Canada. I have a nearly complete set of this model, each with an extra bottle and spacers and different wheel sizes. It seems to me that I paid less than $5 each in the early 1960's and it seems like a lot, then. I was earning $0.85 per hour at my first good job.
I would like to pinstripe between some of the ribs on the stainless trim pieces. I do not want too much pinstriping and have the finish look like a bad hair day. WEW has had some very pleasant strips put on his Binder. This is the second good idea I got from him. **** Engineers.
I had thought about putting a simple graphic on the airfilter canister that looks something like the attached picture. I think the graphic needs a little more work to make me happy enough. Somewhere, I have a graphic that shows a Mister Cloud blowing into an HEMI of yesterday. It looks like I will have to dust off some of the old skills from 50 years ago and see if I can breath life into them, one more time.
I think the trunk lid needs a little "treatment". I have to get it just right and keep it less than really obvious or I will never "hear the end of it".
When I was travelling Europe in the Early 1970's, I used to send airmail letters home to my parents. The letter was written on English Toilet Paper. This paper is very much like the air-mail paper we used to be able to buy and the "wipe-value" was not better than nothing and the paper smelled like strong DETTOL. Some of the letters were done in cartoon style and I used the characters from Rog Bolen's ANIMAL CRACKERS. I often put the turtle character on the envelope with and official postman hat and the mail-bag over his shell. The writing on the mail bag said Royal Mail, fragile is tossed underhand.
I did a sample drawing of the old, Turbo is just fine, but I would rather get blown. I showed my wife and that idea was Vetoed. Who does she think she is?
Attachments
toilet paper.jpg
AKA TRACING PAPER
MASTER PAINTER STRIPING TOOL.jpg
MASTER PAINTER SERIES
TRUNK 4.jpg
THE TRUNK LID
TOP VIEW.jpg
M92 and friends
GETTING BLOWN.jpg
MISTER EATON M92

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:47 pm

My neighbour was cleaning out his garage, again, today. He decided to buy new hose and he threw out these two perfectly good 50 footers ELEMENT HOSE. The local garden shop lists these hoses at $75 each. My daughter has made some good money, on Craigslist by selling the stuff this guy chucks out. The list is long.
Attachments
50 feet free ELEMENT.jpg
2X50 feet

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:23 pm

I bought two very solid MADE IN CANADA file cabinets this afternoon. I paid considerably more than I would have liked, but it was down to me or he. The drawers are 24 inches deep and 6 inches tall. I have stuff in cabinets spread around the shop, so this should gather the bits and pieces together. I have several pieces of shop equipment for sale to try and make some much needed space.
I know this is not the classified section and I don't expect to sell anything because of this posting. Unless a person lives close by, the cost of getting here and home again is a deal breaker.
Everything pictured here was from Craigslist.
Attachments
Nigel's Drawers.jpg
twin small parts cabinets.
CABINETS MADE IN CANADA.jpg
For small parts this one is a keeper
END CABINET.jpg
Waterloo end-cabinet
SNAP-ON SHOP CART.jpg
Snap-On shop cart with extra shelf
ATLAS CABINET.jpg
from the 1950's ATLAS service station ignition parts cabinet.
WATERLOO LOWER.jpg
MADE IN CANADA Waterloo roll cabinet.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri May 01, 2015 12:18 pm

The Canadian Made Waterloo box is gone. I gave it to MAGIHC MIKE. It is all about sharing. He needs a big tool box and I have eleven of them. Mike has always come through with binder bits and pieces when I call. I appreciate his participation.
download/file.php?id=6293&t=1
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion