SECOND HAND STORE FIND

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Re: SECOND HAND STORE FIND

lbesq wrote:I understand that thought. Exchange rate does make it more expensive. Have you seen any like this in the last couple years? At 12MPG it would cost right at $150 for a one way trip, If that is the only thing I do. Would also have to consider any fee they might ask at border. Just how bad do you want/need it? Can you "turn" it if needed to recover all costs.

Not that it matters so much now, but this drill-bit grinder is 28 miles from where you live. The grinder weighs 43 pounds and is about the size of a 6 inch bench grinder. $300 for a round trip seems a little expensive to me.
I have continue to look for one of these Lisle 91000. I left my request with several re=sellers.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:53 pm

Yes, If you do not get a response, check back on this one, He did say "or best offer". I checked fleabay and he is asking about what most seem to sell for. If I were looking for one, it would be worth about 1/3 what he is asking for it, but then, I am frugal.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:54 pm

I sent a reply through CL and gave the seller my cell number. I asked if the seller would accept boxing up the grinder without the heavy looking base, and shipping the grinder to Point Roberts, WA. I have a mailbox there. I might not hear back today because it is late afternoon.
I did ask if the grinder was complete. There should be a LISLE 91000 specific grind stone dressing diamond tool and the drill bit holder. If the dressing tool is missing, substitution is possible, but if the drillbit holder is damaged or missing, the grinder is worth nothing other than 43 pounds of scrap.
If the seller has Pay Pal, there is still my having to trust the seller to do the right thing.
I am not prepared to drive 1000 kilometers and 11 hours to Boise to pick up the grinder. I doubt $300 would cover the fuel.
This adds a little adventure to my life.
I just got a call from a CL seller. I offered to buy his body shop paper dispenser. I need one of those units because I have five or more different size rolls of paper. for masking, Pig Mat and Wypall shop towels. The masking paper rack comes with new paper rolls.
Attachments
masking paper dispenser.jpg

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:46 pm

Let me know, If needed, I could go put eyes on it and take more pictures if he can not supply them.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:44 am

I do not expect to have you do that for free. I will keep you informed

This is what a complete machine should have and look like. https://youtu.be/Fd9DRxl9wrE

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:58 am

It would not be a problem, I drive that distance without thinking about it. I am in Boise at least twice a week.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:24 pm

I drive that distance and wonder how I got there. This must be an old guy thing. My motorcycle is being taken out of storage and serviced then delivered sometime in the next week or so. I had better wake up my thinker.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:35 pm

Just watched the video, Interesting machine. Now I know what it should have. The drill bit holder is critical. The "dresser" would be a nice thing to also have, but as you said, could probably get a suitable replacement.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:20 pm

The Craigslist seller from Boise just called. The grinder is sold. I hope he got his asking price. Better luck to me for next time. Thankyou Lloyd for stepping up.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:38 am

Sorry to hear that, Perhaps next time. Glad to help any time that I can.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion