SECOND HAND STORE FIND

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:35 am

Re: SECOND HAND STORE FIND

HAULMARK.jpg
Haulmark tst6x10ds2
I have been looking for an enclosed trailer for dry storage of a bunch of L&R sheetmetal. The wind ripped our rag and tube canopy away from the mounts and tossed it onto the neighbours garage, so the parts were exposed to the weather.
Craigslist trailer ad for a Haulmark 6'X10" was for sale and the price was right. The seller and I made a deal and I towed the trailer home today. The most complicated parts of buying the trailer was the traffic and finding an RBC with parking. The insurance agent handled the very complicated registration conversion from commercial to domestic/pleasure. Commercial registration is more than three times more expensive than pleasure use only. I had to sign a few declarations, pay the taxes and one year insurance and the trailer was mine.
The trailer came with extra locks on the doors. I will not be using the locks on the trailer doors. If someone wants to look inside, the damage to the trailer could be significant. The parts and pieces have no value, except to a very few persons.
The trailer will most likely become connected into the shop monitored alarm system.
I am planning to spend most of tomorrow transferring IHC sheetmetal to the new-to-me trailer. The pieces must be dried before the doors close.
Attachments
HALMARK BESIDE GARAGE.jpg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:31 pm

Craigslist gives-it-up again. This side cabinet was almost free. A little TLC and it will become someone's favorite.
Attachments
MAC VINTAGE SIDE CABINET.jpg
VINTAGE MAC SIDE CABINET

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:32 pm

A little TLC turned into 6 hours of dirty work. Rather than do some basic maintenance on the slides, someone added more and more lubrication. The lubrication built up and, dried up to form a petrified mess.
It is done now and the drawers operate smoothly. I sprayed a little dry lube silicone on the slides. I was going to sell this cabinet, but, it may go under my smaller lathe to hold tooling and other accessories. I am thinking of a re-spray in machine grey.
Attachments
MYFORD BENCH SIDE CABINET WITH DRAWERS.jpg
MYFORD TOOLBOX 1.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:45 pm

I advertised my Troy Built Pony for sale on Craigslist. The first caller collected the rototiller this morning. I deleted the CL advert, with my smart phone, within minutes of having the cash in hand. I still got another 6 calls.
Within an hour I found and bought a big roll of 7221 PIG MAT from a CL seller. Amazon price is five times higher than I paid for one third the amount.
Attachments
PIG MAT.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:49 pm

I have been looking for one of these drill bit sharpeners for some time. This one is just a little farther away than a day drive.
https://boise.craigslist.org/tls/d/lisl ... 65034.html

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:52 pm

Nice! You buy and I can store till you either come down or I go up?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:43 pm

I am thinking about this new possibility. $300usd for the grinder and a $100usd for your trouble, if this is enough? This is $549.53 Canadian dollars, today. Maybe I should wait for one of these to become available in BC. Exchange rates have become a reason to think again.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:22 pm

I understand that thought. Exchange rate does make it more expensive. Have you seen any like this in the last couple years? At 12MPG it would cost right at $150 for a one way trip, If that is the only thing I do. Would also have to consider any fee they might ask at border. Just how bad do you want/need it? Can you "turn" it if needed to recover all costs.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:26 am

I don't need this grinder at $550cdn. I like to buy safe and the chances of returning one of these to the market, when I an done with it, at $550 is a very long-shot.
So, I will keep looking. I have had good luck asking about tools and machines at the big resellers. I might post a wanted advert on CL.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:27 am

Keep an eye on it, he might come down. Unless a person needs the stand, it could be jettisoned, it probably weighs almost as much as the machine. Only been on for about a day. Hope you do find one up that way.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion