OLD MACHINES

Just keep it clean please....

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 am

Re: OLD MACHINES

Which is why when I respond to an ad of any sort on Craigs list, I will tell them that if I do not hear back within X time, I am not interested. Was the one you got a better price than the one that Finally got back with you?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:42 pm

The locally advertised machine has an asking price of $1000 and appears in good condition, in the picture on CL. The one that I bought had an asking price of $1200 and it has turned out to be in excellent condition,with very little wear. I paid considerably less, plus fuel and time.
The third drill press is in terrible condition. What isn't broken is rusted solid. No asking price. $50 may be too much, but I know someone who is looking for some of the parts for their unit. I think it is a 1000 pounds of grief. This drill was yard art for many years and suffered the indignity of holding a flower pot.
LIFE GOES ON.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:04 pm

I have an old cast iron ...now i can't think...yea, scroll saw. Lots of heft for that dinky blade...has about a 30 inch throw. I have it about half hour west of Wichita, KS...
peace

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:26 pm

http://images.craigslist.org/3Ea3G63Fb5 ... b815e1.jpg This is the WF and John Barnes that has no asking price. It is terribly rough condition. I would like to have it for a few of the parts, but - - - - - . Loading and unloading 800 - 1000 pounds is a big deal, for me.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....
Previous

Return to Non-IH discussion