OUR 40 FORD

Just keep it clean please....

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:01 am

Re: OUR 40 FORD

Nikki
You made them give you value and they did make it right. But not having use of the product when you needed it and your time and trouble has value. It was not a good value in my opinion.
I think you handled the situation well. If the company knew you were discussing your experience on an old truck forum they would be inclined to be very helpful. Although they did do their best.
That is the best dollie design made in my opinion, but if the wheels don't roll the design does't mean much.
I have thought about something along the line of an oversized pallet jack would work. Then where would you store that monster.
I get my high on heavy iron, the older and heavier the better I feel.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:44 am

I know ypo design things for your shop. I use them often for hydraulic supplys,
http://www.surpluscenter.com/
I get my high on heavy iron, the older and heavier the better I feel.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:13 pm

$950....Thats a lot of money, especially when you have not been able to use them for a year. Are you looking forward to moving onto a new project? I have had zero time on my truck the last few months. I decided to gut the bathroom and redesign, just got the walls and ceiling re plastered. So time consuming.....The wife would like it done for christmas......Oh joy. Luke

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:05 pm

copy and paste: Are you looking forward to moving onto a new project?
I sure am. This albatross has been hanging heavily on my neck for long enough. I am actively looking for a safe and dry alarmed place to store "it".
These wheel dollies will be pressed into service under the Shorty build. Several years ago when my son and I were actively building the "L110" these GoCart dollies would have been much appreciated to adjust the position of the "L".
The one dolly that is out of service because of missing parts can be locked and pinned in the working position and put under a tire after the axle is floor jacked. Everything works out.
It is supper time. We are having meatloaf, mixed veggies, potatoes with gravy and crusty rolls.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:31 pm

I sat in the Ford for an hour or more, today. I listened to the stereo and played with a few of the power window, power exhaust by-pass button, the eardrum piercing air horn and power seat buttons.
The Ford remains in the shop while I continue to look for a suitable secure storage place for it. One of my options is a BendPac HD7 http://www.babco.ca/Automotive-Equipmen ... ndPak-HD7W I hope to have a sales person visit early next week.
I have an offer to purchase on the Ford. If I accept, this will make space, return my out-of-pocket money and make a significant addition to my savings and go a long way toward paying for my Orrville Crewcab build. The Ford stays for a few years, just because.
I have some regrets over the '40 Ford because it displaced mu first interest, Old IHC pickups and old single cylinder engines.
I have owned the 1940 Ford since 1984 and it needed some freshening. The Ford build got out of hand, "right-out-of-the-gate" and never slowed down. I have receipts for more than $125,000 and I know some receipts are not in that mix. That number could go another $10,000 higher. Doing it "right" costs a lot of money and I have all of the fabrication machinery to make those other things.
One of the situations with a long term project can be the five new tires purchased and installed 14 plus years ago. The tires may have timed out with less than 1000 kilometers driving on them. I bought these tires at Sears and now Sears is gone, in Canada. I would rather have Michelins anyway.
Several years ago, there might have been just enough room to keep the Ford at home under it's fitted cover. The space we had planned to use for my son's L110 Shorty IHC is now crowded with Craigslist buys. Some of the "buys" are here for a shot time.
I am going to attack the shop with my tape measure again, possibly tomorrow, hopefully to find a better use of the floor space. Sometimes a little shuffling can make just enough difference. When all else fail, buy a four-post lift.
Attachments
coming home.jpg
left turn and into the shop.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:49 pm

It's just so pretty. So classy. You're sure it might go, Nikki?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:36 pm

I do not want to start jumping around like a dumb-a$$ and high-fiving, just yet. I will say this, there is a very minor fluid leak at the power steering pump return when the engine is at rest. I don't want to Jinx myself just yet.
Attachments
CLOSE E NUF.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:15 pm

At a show today were some rides that could keep you ‘40 company. A couple of ‘37’s. ( one with an original Mullen’s trailer) and a ‘48.
Attachments
D56CD843-A77E-46A5-8085-945A24B2C8E4.jpeg
7FB7F8DC-D187-4F43-8F24-9467FBB64867.jpeg
D1F461A7-7A34-46F3-A78F-86CB1E2C8DD1.jpeg
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:31 pm

I was looking all over the place for that leak....but my eyes kept drawing me to the young lady in the cage. :jester: Luke

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:49 pm

That "lady in the cage" was a piece of advertising. It was given to me by one of the contractor sign guys. I had it on my toolbox for a few years until I was forced to take it off because one of the religious male fellow workers complained. This same little nuisance was fired for beating on the toolbox owned by a mechanic he thought was gay.
The pleasant looking lady is made of flat plastic, so the leak may be mine. LOL
Attachments
EVERY 40 HAS ONE.jpg
Every 40 comes with nice curves
DOOR ALIGNMENT IS IMPORTANT.jpg
door crack alignment is important
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion