Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

nikkinutshop wrote:
waltesefalcon wrote:It looks delicious Nikki.

Speaking of looking delicious, check out Sarah-n-Tuned on You Tube. This person does some interesting mechanical work while lookin , "interesting". It is You tube, so don't expect too much of the really good stuff.

Alright, but being an Elvis fan I keep going back to this video. These girls can move to the music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQrlBIMTzIM

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:04 pm

Fantastic. I have watched the video about 8 times. It is totally mesmerizing. I appreciate anyone who can move like that. Dancing was never my best talent. I forgot how good Elvis was.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:44 am

The two girls on the dock were impressive. Some of the camera work had a little to be desired though and I wasn't a fan of the remix even though it was fairly light, but to be fair the original is one of my favorite Elvis tunes.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:22 pm

Why do many persons say:
" He had a smile on his face." Where else would a person have a smile? I sat on an old log, once. When I got up there was an impression on my butt that looked like a grimmace.
"To tell the truth." Does this speaker have to announce that they are about to tell the truth because they usually lie?
"I am speachless!" Followed a volley of words. Speachless means, just that.
"I personally" Unless you are occasionally someone else, and you are your default, personally is redundant.
There is no "G" in Cummins. Cummins is Clessey Lisle Cummins name and it should be capitalized.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Two days ago, the last of my aunts died. She was 89 and one of 8 siblings. They all started in Nebraska and grew up in the hard times of the 1930s in Western Canada. Those were the days of killer cold in the Canadian winters when only the strongest with the best preparation survived.
This, my last aunt was the youngest of the eight. She lived a positive life example, most likely inherited from her mother. In 1938 when her father, my grandfather, died, the family walked the half mile home from the Danish Lutherin Church. Momnents after getting into the family farm home, the sky filled with dark clouds and hail started. When the hail stopped, the crops had been flattened into the mud. One of the aunts said all is lost. First our father and now the crop. grandmother, in her usual positive way, said, "Someone go and collect a few buckets of hail. We have everything we need to make ice-cream." So, my favorite aunt will be remembered for making every day into ice-cream for all that knew her.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:14 pm

That's an awesome story, Nikki. We just spoke of Joy this morning at our German Lutheran church Bible class, how the Apostle Paul was able to rejoice that he was seen as important enough to persecute for his teachings. And how the concept of Peace is the feeling that everything is all right, just the way it is supposed to be. Maybe not the easiest or best way for you, but the way it should be.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:26 pm

I am okay. I thought I should mention the positive life she lived because there is so little positive in the news, in 2018.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:02 pm

Yesterday, November 11th, we took time to remember our veterans. As we do every year. The old Church bell rang out for the first time in many years. Now it sits on a new iron tower on main street where it can be seen and appreciated.
https://youtu.be/Cx5m5hsAho0
Attachments
Bell ring.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:44 pm

I have never been to Lipton, SK, but, I have been to Rosetown, SK. I was in Rosetown for an IHC event. My wife and I drove for the better part of two days to get to Rosetown for this event. This was the most disappointing event I have ever attended.
The motel was falling down onto itself. The main floor was heaving and the door to our room was cut at odd angles to accommodate the failing structure of the building. The free breakfast was in a separate room. The tables were sheets of plywood on saw-horses. Some persons had left their dirty breakfast dishes on the "tables" and a few of the bowls had dying flies swimming in the uneaten milk.
The walls of our room were torn open to expose the cut Lumex wiring. Two lengths of Lumex had electric plugs on them. Depending on what was required, one plug was for the heater and the other went to the AC. The pay by credit card was not working. My wife went to a nearby restaurant and paid the room amount and someone from the restaurant took the cash to the motel. The main planned event was cancelled because muddy feet were not allowed inside. My first contact with the event organizers was the first failure. I had paid in advance and had my receipt. this was not enough and if I wanted to continue with the event, I had to pay again at a higher rate. My wife wanted to buy a hoodie from the organizers display, but she could not. She was expected to pay now and hope for something to arrive in the Canada Poste at a later date.
One of the Rosetown village idiots kept hitting on my wife with lots of sexual innuendo. I told the idiot to F-O, but the idiot continued at a less intense level.
My best part of that event was leaving for Alberta and on to the Coast.
The Chapter 38 boys in Alberta always put on an great event. http://www.ihc38.com/

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:49 pm

I suggest you change home and business ac filters weekly in these smokey times.
Stock up they could become in short supply.
Also use of a particulate mask in the smoke areas which is all of california on most days.
Research for the type best for you,, they are life and health savers
Stay Safe. - sm
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion