Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:12 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

Our in the shade temperature has dropped over 20c. At the peak of the temperature our home heat pump condensor was puling over 20 liters of water a day out of the air. My wife had a HVAC service person in here yesterday. A few minor things like cottonwood fluff removal and a filter change and we are good to go.
Our garden is growing like mad. My wife keeps a bird-bath full and freshens it up several times a day.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:56 pm

Friday was a busy day for me, two guys came by (Buddys) and bought both my Cabovers and my Ravens flatbed! It was a little hard to see the '89 big bunk go, as I had it for going on 26 years. It "deprecated" only $4000 in those years and all of that is due to the engine that cracked a piston this spring! Otherwise I am sure it would have sold for more than I bought for.
Yard has never been this empty! Still have my Marmon and my K's as well as two Fleetstars. The F Stars are likely going to scrap as no one wants them anymore.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:55 pm

I am happy for you CB. Sometimes inanimate objects can find a way into our hearts, I've had it happen to me as well. All will be right with the world in a few days as you move on to the next phase. Good to know you sold to your buddy's and can keep tabs on them.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:59 pm

I don't know the guys that bought them, but they knew eachother. Still they both live with in 20 miles so I'll likely know what happens.
Still have one tractor and the two K series, and the Dart Oil field truck. I have to find a home for the Dart, not sure I'm ready to part with the Marmon, and the K's will stay likely till I'm too old to drive em.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:24 am

I got my '48 winch truck running after sitting for a few years. I could now load up the two center sections with 3.55 rear gears that fit the '89. I took them down to the new owner. He has already got it into his mechanic for the overhaul. He told me his mechanic was thrilled with the condition of the truck and wasn't sure what let go in the engine either. I hope to keep in touch with the buyers and will deliver more parts as I find them.
The "48 needed new points, the old having corroded from sitting. Years ago I purchased a tach drive distributor from a member here. Seamed like the right time to install it. When I pulled the old one, the intermediate shaft was frozen into the distributor. I guess it was time for some maintaince.
One of the hardest thing for me to do is to cut up anything for scrap. I see the intrinsic value in what ever it happens to be. The simple fact is no one is beating down the doors to buy a 70's Fleetstar. I had two, one I ran in Chicago and one I bought for parts. Neither are desirable and I stripped the parts truck of anything worth keeping and will start on the other. About the only two things that might be worth saving are the radiator with self contained automatic shutters and the 6-71, more as conversation piece than as a viable engine.
Once the Fleetstars are gone, I just need to find a new home for my Dart oil field truck, then I'll have room to really start working on the Marmon and the two K's in comfort.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:44 pm

THE END.
Can this be a sign of the end of this forum? There are still hundreds of persons viewing the postings, but no one had anything to say or add. 161230
OH well, it has been a good run, I guess. I have to wonder where are the guys from not that long ago who kept the conversations lively?
Somebody say something. There are lots of subjects to chose from, on here. :h0212:
Attachments
the end is near.jpg
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:28 am

A year and a half ago we had a lot of traffic as people were starting to stay at home and not go out and do things. Now they are making up for lost time and I think are backing away from posting. I have seen this on all the boards except one (Smok Stak), traffic is down and postings are down further. I think it will come back when the world settles back to "normal". May take a while but don't write us off as dead yet.
As the Knight in Holy Grail said "I'm not dead yet, come back you coward"!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:39 pm

Well, maybe?
There are 135 persons who read my last post. I got you to post something, CB.
I am on another forum and it took a short term dip and has returned to what it was. Craigslist is slowly returning.
I am most likely going to head for the shop a little later. We are having a cooler day, today. I cannot survive the temperature when it gets near 30c or higher. Our garden is producing really well.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:05 pm

Ok, heres something. I haven't added anything to this part of the forum lately but do throw out a "rough truck" that I found for sale on Kijiji once in a while. Plenty of grief to go around the farming community due to the drought so its good to get onto another subject sometimes.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:20 am

It's been one of those times around here that when you get one thing taken care of, two more seem to pop up and need attention.
The drought has really been depressing me and I looked at the radar a few minutes ago and it looked like both of our chances for rain were going to miss us. It just started RAINING as I am typing this, sure hope it amounts to something!
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion