Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:40 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

I suppose you can be thankful you don't live here. We have heavy traffic 24/7 and lots of road rage. A 3 bedroom house costs about 2 million. Car insurance is very expensive. My daughter pays over $4000/year on her 2019 Jeep Cherokee. She has a clean driving record and no collisions.
It is monsoon rain today. Our new $16,000 drainage appears to be working.
I tried the donuts at McDonald's this afternoon. Tim's have nothing to worry about. They were terrible. I hope the crows don't choke on them.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:30 pm

no friends and no mirror

Yesterday while I was eating my Mc'D's sausage-n-egg McMuffin in a perking lot, a blonde female in her 60's walked past my truck. I had to stop eating to take in "all of it". She was very tall and was wearing a pink top and jacket over her pinkish plaid mini skirt. She wore leggings, in pink, and she stumbled along in a halting manner in her high heels.
She caught me looking at her and she altered her trajectory and stopped at my drivers door. She demanded to know what I was looking at. I asked for a hint. After she had vented for less than a minute she asked if I wanted to say anything. I could not stop myself and I told her she could be mistaken for a Flamingo if her knees were turned 180*. She hoisted her short skirt and suggested a Flamingo will not have one of these. There are some things a person cannot un-see".
I did notice her drapes did not match her carpet. I wonder if bedrockjon knows of her. I was under the impression the location was Seattle
https://youtu.be/zkOkscWE7aQ

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:02 pm

https://youtu.be/sHduxcoFxko
This is a very important video to watch and understand. If you have a classic or modified vehicle, watch this video.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:24 pm

Yesterday while I was eating my Mc'D's sausage-n-egg McMuffin in a perking lot, a blonde female in her 60's walked past my truck. I had to stop eating to take in "all of it". She was very tall and was wearing a pink top and jacket over her pinkish plaid mini skirt. She wore leggings, in pink, and she stumbled along in a halting manner in her high heels.
She caught me looking at her and she altered her trajectory and stopped at my drivers door. She demanded to know what I was looking at. I asked for a hint. After she had vented for less than a minute she asked if I wanted to say anything. I could not stop myself and I told her she could be mistaken for a Flamingo if her knees were turned 180*. She hoisted her short skirt and suggested a Flamingo will not have one of these. There are some things a person cannot un-see".
I did notice her drapes did not match her carpet. I wonder if bedrockjon knows of her. I was under the impression the location was Seattle

I did notice her drapes did not match her carpet.
. That line alone had be spit out my coffee..:)

You should do standup,,, funny stuff. thanks!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:40 am

I told her she could be mistaken for a Flamingo

I enjoy a good sense of humor lol going to be another great day - Thanks

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:35 pm

A modern criminal thing is to use a video camera to film your shop through an open door as they drive past. After leaving the street the criminals can examine the video for details. This prevents them from drawing unwanted attention if they were to slow down for a better look.
My, now deceased, friend was out walking his dog after midnight. He came home to find a pickup truck idling behind his garage. Someone was in his yard and appeared to be taking his aluminium ladder. My friend took the truck, drove it to another street. He jammed to gas pedal to the floor and walked away. As he and the dog walked home they were passed by a paniced man who was running toward the tortured sound of an over speed SBC. In the distance the engine could be screaming just before the death rattle then silence.
Someone alerted the police to the situation. I can imagine the thief returning to his now dead truck and a Gendarmerie Nationale welcoming party.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:09 pm

A year or two ago, my wife and I were in New York City. We had booked reservations at the Waldorf Astoria. I had always wanted to stay there and see the hotel. I had a wealthy aunt who was in permanent residence at the Waldorf Astoria, over 50 years ago.
This morning I was reading some on-line information on the Waldorf. I discovered the hotel is closed for a 2 - 3 year renovation. The hotel had sold to new Chinese owners for $1.95 billion dollars. This averages out to more than a million dollars for each guest room.
I cannot say our week long stay at the Waldorf was average in any way. The Waldorf was the first hotel to offer room service and we discovered they do it really well.
The restaurant's menus are al a carte. We had breakfast in the hotel, before leaving for the day. I can safely say, expensive, without any exaggeration.
This was a once in a lifetime experience. I have no regrets.
I have a great sadness that this great American place of history where the rich and famous used to gather, has been sold to off-shore investments. Is nothing sacred anymore.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:23 pm

Tempus Fugit.
It has been just over 4 years since I was taken out of here on life support. It was a positive experience, over all.
There have been a few permanent, unpleasant changes in my life. Is it old age setting in or something from the pulmonary embolism?
I do not have any sage advice. Well, just maybe one little thingee. Don't let losers and morons become part of your life.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
H. L. Mencken

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:18 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:
{ I have a great sadness that this great American place of history where the rich and famous used to gather, has been sold to off-shore investments. Is nothing sacred anymore.}

Only the almighty dollar. Everything else is irrelevant.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:05 pm

That really sucks !
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion